The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Want to get a job in the City, what course should I do?

I am super interested in science and am predicted excellent grades. However, after uni I want to do a lucrative job. I heard banks and businesses recruit from Imperial quite a lot.

What degree should I do?
You really need to think about this in terms of what you enjoy, what you want to do, what you're good at and what skills and experiences you have. You won't get picked up just because you went to Imperial.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
The answer is a degree in which you will excel. And that necessitates something that you're going to enjoy, not just for one year but the whole 3 years. Obviously some universities are more highly regarded than others, and some courses are 'better' than others in terms of prestige and relevance but that doesn't negate the main point - to do something you enjoy and will be good at.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi!: Just started my course in civil engineering at Imperial and JP Morgan had organized an event this week and I asked for which profile they were looking for and the woman actually said that they are tempted to be interested a lot by engineer because we are trained to plan ahead and tend to be hard workers. Nonetheless, she emphasized on the advantages of having a first or a 2:1 and having languages skills in other languages.
She actually said that the degree itself isn't the most important but more the fact if you excel and have an interesting CV.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending