The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
Here are some links you might find useful.

http://www.dur.ac.uk/faculty.handbook/module_search/?year=2007&search_dept=MUSI&search_level=-1

http://www.maths.dur.ac.uk/~dma0ssb/tt/module_checker.html

With the second one you enter the department you want and then choose a module and then Add Module. All the 1st year music modules begin with the number 1 , 2nd year with the number 2 etc - although you could probabbly have worked that out for yourself. :smile: You can do this as many times as you want ie multiple modules. I think an X is a lecture and an S is a seminar - there may be lots of seminars programmed for a module but you will only go to one of them with the rest of your seminar group. I don't know if this is the final timetable yet - my guess is probably not - but it will give you an indication of what to expect.

Hope that helps.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Can I just giggle and say that a Music student's timetable is often very sparse in comparison to other students.

I remember in his second year my boyfriend's weekend started on a Tuesday afternoon.
Reply 3
Hehe, thanks for that! It does seem pretty sparse lol!
Reply 4
I can tell you what I had this year (just finished first year music).

Monday: 12 noon - Analysis & Perception (1hr)
Tuesday: 9am - Issues & Methods in Musicology (1hr)
2:30pm - Aural Skills & Performance (1hr)
3:30pm - Contemporary Music (2hrs)
Wednesday: 9am - Musical Techniques (1hr)

You will also have a seminar for Readings in Musicology (this changes according to your seminar group). There are also a couple of tutorials a term for each lecture so they're arranged during the term.

I did indeed get hated by many of my friends this year for having a 'sparse' timetable, but you do have to do a reasonable amount of reading to prepare for some of the lectures/analysis stuff/techniques stuff so the time does end up filled in, especially when you have summatives to do. Also it gives you a chance to do lots of other music stuff in college/uni.
Reply 5
bloody hell! I have class every morning at 9 a.m.

Latest