The Student Room Group

How can I get a career in genetics without doing the NHS STP.

So i want a career in genetics. i was thinking about applying for the NHS scientist traneeship programme but i probably wouldn't get in and its not practical as im living in a different country than the UK and it means i would have to come back to the UK.

My current degree is with the OU and im studying health sciences. After my degree I am hoping to apply for MSc Genomic medicine which can be done via distance learning.

I want a career in clinical genetics but from reading online it says i have to go through the NHS STP.

Can anyone suggest any other ideas/routes for me to get to working in genetics?

Original post by mkap
So i want a career in genetics. i was thinking about applying for the NHS scientist traneeship programme but i probably wouldn't get in and its not practical as im living in a different country than the UK and it means i would have to come back to the UK.

My current degree is with the OU and im studying health sciences. After my degree I am hoping to apply for MSc Genomic medicine which can be done via distance learning.

I want a career in clinical genetics but from reading online it says i have to go through the NHS STP.

Can anyone suggest any other ideas/routes for me to get to working in genetics?

"would have to come back to the UK.
"
Doesn't your country have a STP equivalent?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending