Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is no point anymore

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I solved my problems I will became a doctor and nothing can stop me.

Maybe you should consider leaving sixth form and having a good think about what you want to do. You can always go to college at a later date once you have a plan and are feeling more motivated.

I left school a month into S6 (equivalent to Yr 13) when I felt it was pointless and not getting me anywhere - and then I went to college the following year once I had a plan in mind. This went really well for me.

However, I also had a bad experience as well. When I was in Honours year at university, I was so overwhelmed and fed-up with my course but I didn't have the courage to leave because of how much time and money I had sunk into it. I let it get way too bad. I ended up having to take medical leave, advised by my lecturers, and was referred to a mental hospital by my GP for help. It was a horrible place to be in and I was forced to move back in with my parents as I just couldn't cope anymore (and both they and my doctors were uncomfortable that I was living in a third-story flat, where I was alone most of the day, with an open balcony). I wish I had acted sooner rather than letting it get as bad as I did. And I wouldn't wish anything like this onto you or anyone. If you need to take a step back from your education to revaluate your goals, take it. Forcing yourself when you are unhappy will just wear you down.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.