The Student Room Group

EPQ Essay Structure

Does anyone have any tips on how to structure a strong EPQ essay? Any advice would be so helpful!
Original post by gwelsh
Does anyone have any tips on how to structure a strong EPQ essay? Any advice would be so helpful!

Hello :h:

I personally structured my EPQ essay like this:

1. Introduction (bear in mind that the introduction is often easier to write at the end of the project)

Start by introducing your question, for example: “The question I am researching is '[title question here]'", then explain the aim of your project, i.e. what you plan to find out. Also mention what sources of information you will use, and how your essay is going to be structured.

2. Main essay

Here you should discuss all of the main points and arguments which will help to answer your question. This should be the bulk of your essay; remember to use paragraphs and reference any quotes, images, maps etc that you use so that the examiner can refer to them in the bibliography.

3. Conclusion

In the conclusion you should briefly discuss the most significant points/arguments again and come to a conclusion which answers your original title question.

I hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hello :h:

I personally structured my EPQ essay like this:

1. Introduction (bear in mind that the introduction is often easier to write at the end of the project)

Start by introducing your question, for example: “The question I am researching is '[title question here]'", then explain the aim of your project, i.e. what you plan to find out. Also mention what sources of information you will use, and how your essay is going to be structured.

2. Main essay

Here you should discuss all of the main points and arguments which will help to answer your question. This should be the bulk of your essay; remember to use paragraphs and reference any quotes, images, maps etc that you use so that the examiner can refer to them in the bibliography.

3. Conclusion

In the conclusion you should briefly discuss the most significant points/arguments again and come to a conclusion which answers your original title question.

I hope that helps :smile:

Hi, that was incredibly helpful, thank you so much!! I'm just completing my essay plan right now :smile:
Original post by gwelsh
Hi, that was incredibly helpful, thank you so much!! I'm just completing my essay plan right now :smile:

You're welcome, I'm glad you found my answer useful :h:

Quick Reply

Latest