Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

HELP! What university should I apply to?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 12-10-2016

Re-posting from an old thread:

________________________________ __________________
    Year 09 : EC
    Year 10 : CA
    Year 11 : A*A*A*A*AAAD
    With A* in Maths, A in English Language,
    A* in Physics, A in Biology, A in Chemistry.

AAB in Biology, Maths and Chemistry

A level predicted:
    A*AA in in Biology, Maths, Chemistry

Personal Statement seems very good to my teachers.

SJT: Band 1
    QR: 710
    AR: 720
    VR: 560
    Average: 663 - Band 1.

My current list is:
    ________________________________ ________________

So apparently, for me Imperial and Nottingham are fine.

Leicester want 42/48 in their system and I only got 39.5, what should I change this choice to?

With Newcastle,they don't give out their scoring system, but I've been told it's risky. Is there any more information I can get? Also, what how sensible is Southampton as a choice for me.

Southhamptom could be good but they may have a GCSE requirement for number of A*s so I would look on websites. Newcastle would be very risky, they take people in based on UKCAT only and the cut-off is very high and it is likey you'll be below that. Have you considered Sheffield? That could be good for you. Also, HYMS could be a very good option, they use STJ (you've got the top band), UKCAT (which you've done well on) and GCSEs and yours aren't too bad either
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.