The Student Room Group

Good enough for UCL or LSE?

GCSE: A* maths, A science core , A statistics , A science additional , B English lit , B Ict, C English Lang, C Business Studies , D geography , F French

(A*AAABBCCDF)

As levels: 289 ums Maths, 245 UMS furthermaths

(AA)

A2 : Maths (A* Prediction), Furthermaths (A* Prediction ) , Physics (A* Prediction), Btec ICT (D* Prediction) , EPQ (B Prediction)

(A*A*A*D*B)

Odds of offer? Applying A*AA-AAA

Thank you In Advance

Scroll to see replies

Why do people ask about their chances without saying what course they want to apply to...
not sure wich course you want to do but tbh you have 4 other options if you seem to meet the entry requirments on their website then why not take the chance. worst case you get rejected but atleast you tried.
Reply 3
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Why do people ask about their chances without saying what course they want to apply to...

UCL : Stats,Econ and Finance
i suspect that F in French is going to be problematic.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/clie/CourseUnits/Pre-course/MFLrequirement

Ofc, there is that summer school thing you have as an option.
I applied to ucl Stats,finance,econ

Work Experience:Bank of England, Spire Ventures (private equity), Accountancy, Insight Days at JPM and MS.

GCSEs A*A*AAAAABB

A-Levels:A*AB in Econ,Maths,Further Maths.

Retaking C3 in 2017 (65/100)
Reply 8
Original post by fksociety
i suspect that F in French is going to be problematic.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/clie/CourseUnits/Pre-course/MFLrequirement

Ofc, there is that summer school thing you have as an option.

Not a problem, there are various options at UCL including studying a MFL during your degree course.
Original post by jneill
Not a problem, there are various options at UCL including studying a MFL during your degree course.

Okay tell OP that then. I only shared him the link as it could be an issue (and unless you're an admissions officers your judgement is as good as mines) but i did tell him that the summer school was an available option.

Idk why you always seem too busy correcting others and jumping at their throats, be more constructive and give some valuable help as you seem knowledgable.
Reply 10
Original post by mehtj006
I applied to ucl Stats,finance,econ

Work Experience:Bank of England, Spire Ventures (private equity), Accountancy, Insight Days at JPM and MS.

GCSEs A*A*AAAAABB

A-Levels:A*AB in Econ,Maths,Further Maths.

Retaking C3 in 2017 (65/100)

I guess I'll see you there then
Reply 11
Okay tell OP that then. I only shared him the link as it could be an issue (and unless you're an admissions officers your judgement is as good as mines) but i did tell him that the summer school was an available option.

Idk why you always seem too busy correcting others and jumping at their throats, be more constructive and give some valuable help as you seem knowledgable.

I only correct posts that provide incorrect or incomplete information. But thank you for your concern.

By the way, the OP has already thanked me for an earlier contribution.
Original post by jneill
I only correct posts that provide incorrect or incomplete information. But thank you for your concern.

By the way, the OP has already thanked me for an earlier contribution.

fair enough, but being so blunt makes it seem like you're being condescending :biggrin:
Original post by NoahMal
GCSE: A* maths, A science core , A statistics , A science additional , B English lit , B Ict, C English Lang, C Business Studies , D geography , F French

(A*AAABBCCDF)

As levels: 289 ums Maths, 245 UMS furthermaths

(AA)

A2 : Maths (A* Prediction), Furthermaths (A* Prediction ) , Physics (A* Prediction), Btec ICT (D* Prediction) , EPQ (B Prediction)

(A*A*A*D*B)

Odds of offer? Applying A*AA-AAA

Thank you In Advance

Odds are pretty good
Reply 14
fair enough, but being so blunt makes it seem like you're being condescending :biggrin:

Your post had 23 words. My reply had 17. Not many fewer...

How was I too blunt? I could have just said: that's wrong. Now THAT would be blunt

:wink:
Original post by jneill
Your post had 23 words. My reply had 17. Not many fewer...

How was I too blunt? I could have just said: that's wrong. Now THAT would be blunt

:wink:

Well for starters how can you be sure that an F wouldnt be a problem? And no, i wasnt wrong, since as i have already said "I only shared him the link as it could be an issue (and unless you're an admissions officers your judgement is as good as mines) but i did tell him that the summer school was an available option."

I was merely raising an issue, the problem here is that the F would mean OP would have to do something to make up for it. Ironically thats makes you the wrong one :wink:
Reply 16
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Odds are pretty good

Thank you for the reassurance.
Reply 17
Well for starters how can you be sure that an F wouldnt be a problem? And no, i wasnt wrong, since as i have already said "I only shared him the link as it could be an issue (and unless you're an admissions officers your judgement is as good as mines) but i did tell him that the summer school was an available option."

I was merely raising an issue, the problem here is that the F would mean OP would have to do something to make up for it. Ironically thats makes you the wrong one :wink:

I'm near fluent German :smile: I have Extenuating circumstances for my GCSE as well. :P
Original post by NoahMal
I guess I'll see you there then

i like the way you think. Always be positive.
Reply 19

UCL don't say the *only* requirement is to have a GCSE in a MFL. They say it's one of five possible requirements. And OP's A-level predictions of A*A*A* Distinction B is *more* than sufficient to make up for a small problem with their GCSEs (and I can see from a subsequent post that it's ECd anyway).

Anyway - you are correct that we aren't ATs so yes at this point I'll leave you to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending