The Student Room Group

Part-time Job and Full Time Youth Work Degree

Hi guys,

I hope I have put this in the right place!

So here's my story. I am 24 and currently doing a Business and Admin Level 3 apprenticeship with a youth charity in Manchester. Since I started working there and seen all the amazing work they do, I have been inspired to become a youth worker.

While completing my apprenticeship I plan to do a Counselling Concepts Level 2 course. If this goes well I plan to proceed onto a Counselling Skills Level 3, but only if I have a full time job while doing it.

One day I would like to do a youth work degree. However, I don't want to be unemployed while doing it as I just can't afford to do that. The problem is Youth Work degrees are only full time and involve placements as well. Another option would be Open University, but I am not sure how I feel about a distance learning course. Plus I'd much rather be at a university in Manchester.

There's another problem as well - I don't want to do bar jobs or retail work while at university.

I was just wanting to see if anyone has any ideas of what other jobs I can do if doing a full time Youth Work degree in Manchester? I'm open to ideas!

Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending