The Student Room Group

help teachers all sick

what can I do all my teachers are either on maternity or leave sick im in year 11 and I haven't got a proper teacher for my English ie but what can I do my school is so sh**
Send em to Holby
Original post by chris2791
what can I do all my teachers are either on maternity or leave sick im in year 11 and I haven't got a proper teacher for my English ie but what can I do my school is so sh**

Make a complaint to the headmaster about the situation and find out what they intend doing about it. If need be get your parents to do it.

On the other side find out what your texts are and read the relevant parts.

English language is a bit harder to study for as we dont know what you should be studying. I would consider getting a revision book on the correct syllabus and weigh up whether that was worth studying from.

If that was a no, then I would work harder and maybe get ahead in other subjects so when the English teachers return I had spare capacity to catch up.

Theres no need to panic, just be smart and work around it.

Sounds like a set up lol
But on a serious note, print out curriculum planners for each subject and work ahead!
Good luck

One thing I learnt in high school is to not rely on your teachers too much. I had one teacher in year 11 that only got through about half of the syllabus with us and even when they did ''teach'', it involved us ''researching'' it ourselves with no actual teaching being given.

Honestly I would try and just teach it yourself. Get the syllabus, revision guides, notes online and just start working ahead. If you're doing English lit and don't know what makes you're supposed to be doing, maybe ask one of the other English teachers in your school because they might know. If you don't think you're going to achieve your potential without a teacher being there, I would complain.

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest