The Student Room Group

How does exercise effect the breathing rate?

I need to know this promptly can someone please give me a detailed explanation please!!!!!!
When excercise takes place, your cells will be respiring more. Think about the reactants and products of respiration. Your cells will be needing more of the reactants, and need to get rid of more of the waste products. How will this affect breathing rate?
Help a desperate yearning girl out please!
Original post by BobBobson
When excercise takes place, your cells will be respiring more. Think about the reactants and products of respiration. Your cells will be needing more of the reactants, and need to get rid of more of the waste products. How will this affect breathing rate?

Which respiration will it be? Anaerobic or aerobic? Furthermore your cells well be needing more of glucose and oxygen and therefore need to get rid of carbon dioxide. I understand how in order to get rid of the carbon dioxide you start to breathe faster because then when you exhale you give out carbon dioxide. But why does our cells need more of the reactants? Also can you tell me some other main factors that effect the breathing rate?
Original post by Daydreamer3
Which respiration will it be? Anaerobic or aerobic?

All depends on what type of exercise. Generally, short intense bursts = anaerobic, lower intensity, longer-duration exercise = aerobic.

As for the rest, easiest for me just to say, Google.

Quick Reply

Latest