The Student Room Group

How hard is it to do 4 A-levels

^^^
Original post by chelseafc141
^^^

I'm not really sure what answer you're looking for. It completely depends on what subjects you're taking and how good you are at them. It's not something that any of us can tell you.
Original post by Plagioclase
I'm not really sure what answer you're looking for. It completely depends on what subjects you're taking and how good you are at them. It's not something that any of us can tell you.

I'm doing maths biology chemistry and history. At GCSE i got A*s in them. However a level is a completely different challenge, so I want to know if anyone thinks it's possible. Did anyone else do 4 A levels and succeed? If so, just how hard was it
Reply 3
Thanks for asking this, I'm actually deciding my A level subjects right now :tongue:
I'm doing maths biology chemistry and history. At GCSE i got A*s in them. However a level is a completely different challenge, so I want to know if anyone thinks it's possible. Did anyone else do 4 A levels and succeed? If so, just how hard was it

Of course it's possible, there are people that have done 5, 6 or more A Levels and have succeeded. There are also plenty of people who have taken fewer A Levels and haven't succeeded. It depends on the individual. If you did very well at GCSE then I'd have thought taking 4 A Levels would be a reasonable idea.
^^^

Harder than 3 (obvious I know) there is no objective measure of hardness and without any knowledge of you it's impossible to predict how you would cope.
It's especially true with the new Linear A levels where you will be tested on everything in the final set of exams.
And it is unnecessary for university entrance etc.
Many people have successfully done it, fewer are allowed to/choose to with Linear A levels. Many people have damaged their success in 3 by spreading themselves too thinly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest