The Student Room Group

Where am I most likely to get a Biomed offer from?

I submitted my UCAS form last week (applying to medicine) and have received all the confirmation stuff etc.
However, I put down Bristol as my 5th choice for their Biomedical Sciences course. I didn't realise how little places they have for the course (55) - and the fact I have a medicine orientated personal statement puts me in a situation where I'm very unlikely to get an offer.
I'm not set on Britsol tbh, I just put it down because I liked the look of the course and love the city.
I'm tempted to ring up UCAS and change my 5th choice to another Biomed course where I'm more likely to get in to. This is possible for up to 14 days after you submit your application. Can anyone advise on places to apply to for Biomed with a medically-orientated personal statement where I am likely to get an offer?

Would appreciate any help :smile:
Original post by Orlanda
I submitted my UCAS form last week (applying to medicine) and have received all the confirmation stuff etc.
However, I put down Bristol as my 5th choice for their Biomedical Sciences course. I didn't realise how little places they have for the course (55) - and the fact I have a medicine orientated personal statement puts me in a situation where I'm very unlikely to get an offer.
I'm not set on Britsol tbh, I just put it down because I liked the look of the course and love the city.
I'm tempted to ring up UCAS and change my 5th choice to another Biomed course where I'm more likely to get in to. This is possible for up to 14 days after you submit your application. Can anyone advise on places to apply to for Biomed with a medically-orientated personal statement where I am likely to get an offer?

Would appreciate any help :smile:

I wouldn't decide things based on statistics. You mention they have 55 places but they're likely to give more offers than that.

Many Biomed courses will be used to people applying for them with a purely Medical PS. If you like the course and Bristol in general, I'd just leave it tbh. If you don't get an offer this year, I'd suggest you take a gap year and reapply if you still want to do medicine. If you decide you want to go to University and don't have an offer, you could always look into things like UCAS Extra/Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending