The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
I swear even the founder of Ashari belief abandoned Ashari theology, so I am confused why people still believe in it when it contradicts the Quran and Sunnah; Athaari theology is the theology of the Salaf...

al-Saffarini gave the following definition in his Lawami’ al-Anwar: “Ahl al-Sunnah consist of three groups: The Textualists (al-Athariyya), whose Imam is Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, The Asharis, whose Imam is Abu al-Hassan al-Ashari and the Maturidis, whose Imam is Abu Munsur al-Maturidi... and they are all one sect, the saved sect, and they are Ahl al-Hadith.”
Original post by MuhammadDarcy
al-Saffarini gave the following definition in his Lawami’ al-Anwar: “Ahl al-Sunnah consist of three groups: The Textualists (al-Athariyya), whose Imam is Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, The Asharis, whose Imam is Abu al-Hassan al-Ashari and the Maturidis, whose Imam is Abu Munsur al-Maturidi... and they are all one sect, the saved sect, and they are Ahl al-Hadith.”

I agree we are all from Ahlus Sunnah, I never denied that. Salafis are Athaari.

Original post by Tawheed

Salafi Scholars slandering the Companions

Ibn Taymiyya said in his book 'Iqtida al-Sirat al-Mustaqeem' regarding the actions performed by the honourable companion who was praised by the prophet in a Hadith Narrated in Bukhari from the route of Hafsa, the daughter of Umar Ibn al-Khattab, about her brother Abdullah the son of Umar, the prophet said "Abdullah the Son of Umar is a righteous man" however Ibn Taymiyyah said about him in the above mentioned book "The actions he done of praying in the places where the Prophet prayed in between Makkah & Madinah, it is a reason to have associated a partner to Allah." So according to Ibn Taymiyya, this action performed by Abdullah the son of Umar causes him to exit Islam.

Ibn Taymiyya's said in his book 'The pathway of as-Sunnah an-Nabawiyyah' about Imam Ali, "Because he embraced Islam at such a young age, there is a difference of opinion whether it was accepted or not, so Ali Ibn Abi Talib is a kafir according to him

Ibn Taymiyyah said in the same book about our Lady Fatima az-Zahra "She has certain attributes of the hypocrites"

and he says the Ayah:" Don't pray whilst you are intoxicated" was referring towards Imam Ali

Ali embraced Islam before he had even reached the age of puberty and was raise in the same house as the Prophet, when did he ever drink alcohol?!

Ibn Baaz said in his commentary on Fath al-Bari regarding the companion Bilal Ibnul-Harith al-Muzani "The actions he performed were acts of Shirk" what did Bilal do? In the year of the draught he went to the grave of the Prophet and said: "O messenger of God, ask God to send us rain, your nation are in ruins"

al-Hafidh al-Zabidi narrated that our Lady Aisha while on her death bed, took out a piece of the prophets garment which she had previously hidden and she said: " If I die, bury me with it on my chest, as I'm am hoping to be saved from the torture of the grave by its blessings" In the Quran it is stated that she is the mother of the believers but the Salafis say whoever does this has associated partners with God,

It was narrated by Ibn al-Kathir in his book 'al-Bidaya wan-Nihaya' about the event which took place in the year 11 Hijri, that the slogan of the Muslim army of the Companions and Tabieen when Abu Bakr al-Siddiq was the Caliph was "Ya Muhammadah" and who was in this army? Imam Ali & Khalid Ibn al-Walid, so by the Salafis claiming that Tawassul and calling out are classified as worshiping other than Allah (Shirk), who have they declared Kuffar? Abu Bakr al-Siddiq & Umar because he was there and approved, Uthman, as he was still alive, being the 3rd Caliph, Ali Ibn Abi Talib, who was part of the Army & was with them in the battlefield, so the Salafis have declared the most prominent companions and the leaders of this nation as Kuffar
(edited 7 years ago)
Salafi Scholars slandering the Companions

Ibn Taymiyya said in his book 'Iqtida al-Sirat al-Mustaqeem' regarding the actions performed by the honourable companion who was praised by the prophet in a Hadith Narrated in Bukhari from the route of Hafsa, the daughter of Umar Ibn al-Khattab, about her brother Abdullah the son of Umar, the prophet said "Abdullah the Son of Umar is a righteous man" however Ibn Taymiyyah said about him in the above mentioned book "The actions he done of praying in the places where the Prophet prayed in between Makkah & Madinah, it is a reason to have associated a partner to Allah." So according to Ibn Taymiyya, this action performed by Abdullah the son of Umar causes him to exit Islam.

Ibn Taymiyya's said in his book 'The pathway of as-Sunnah an-Nabawiyyah' about Imam Ali, "Because he embraced Islam at such a young age, there is a difference of opinion whether it was accepted or not, so Ali Ibn Abi Talib is a kafir according to him

Ibn Taymiyyah said in the same book about our Lady Fatima az-Zahra "She has certain attributes of the hypocrites"

and he says the Ayah:" Don't pray whilst you are intoxicated" was referring towards Imam Ali

Ali embraced Islam before he had even reached the age of puberty and was raise in the same house as the Prophet, when did he ever drink alcohol?!

Ibn Baaz said in his commentary on Fath al-Bari regarding the companion Bilal Ibnul-Harith al-Muzani "The actions he performed were acts of Shirk" what did Bilal do? In the year of the draught he went to the grave of the Prophet and said: "O messenger of God, ask God to send us rain, your nation are in ruins"

al-Hafidh al-Zabidi narrated that our Lady Aisha while on her death bed, took out a piece of the prophets garment which she had previously hidden and she said: " If I die, bury me with it on my chest, as I'm am hoping to be saved from the torture of the grave by its blessings" In the Quran it is stated that she is the mother of the believers but the Salafis say whoever does this has associated partners with God,

It was narrated by Ibn al-Kathir in his book 'al-Bidaya wan-Nihaya' about the event which took place in the year 11 Hijri, that the slogan of the Muslim army of the Companions and Tabieen when Abu Bakr al-Siddiq was the Caliph was "Ya Muhammadah" and who was in this army? Imam Ali & Khalid Ibn al-Walid, so by the Salafis claiming that Tawassul and calling out are classified as worshiping other than Allah (Shirk), who have they declared Kuffar? Abu Bakr al-Siddiq & Umar because he was there and approved, Uthman, as he was still alive, being the 3rd Caliph, Ali Ibn Abi Talib, who was part of the Army & was with them in the battlefield, so the Salafis have declared the most prominent companions and the leaders of this nation as Kuffar

Do you have referenced quotes for any of what you are saying? Mentioning a book name and then injecting an interpretation of events in the way you are sounds like either you are twisting what has been said, or you are putting words in their mouths - looks like you are going on a mad one with the slander here...
Do you have referenced quotes for any of what you are saying? Mentioning a book name and then injecting an interpretation of events in the way you are sounds like either you are twisting what has been said, or you are putting words in their mouths - looks like you are going on a mad one with the slander here...

I recall Ibn Taymiyya wrote a book or two refuting shia. In the book, he would take an argument which the shia used against certain sahaaba and then apply it to Ali(ra) or someone else the shia liked, not to slander any sahaaba but rather to show the stupidity of the argument used by shia against people like Umar (ra) etc..

There was a thread dedicated to refuting claims like this on IA. I'd link but the forum is dead :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
I recall Ibn Taymiyya wrote a book or two refuting shia. In the book, he would take an argument which the shia used against certain sahaaba and then apply it to Ali(ra) or someone else the shia liked, not to slander any sahaaba but rather to show the stupidity of the argument used by shia against people like Umar (ra) etc..

There was a thread dedicated to refuting claims like this on IA. I'd link but the forum is dead :tongue:

Ahh, that would make sense :holmes: I tend to not trust Sufi/Shia quoting Salafi books, and similarly I am cautious about listening to Salafis quoting Shia/Sufi books :u:
Ahh, that would make sense :holmes: I tend to not trust Sufi/Shia quoting Salafi books, and similarly I am cautious about listening to Salafis quoting Shia/Sufi books :u:

I quote Qur'an and sunnah to refute people :wink: Trust me :wink: :wink: :wink:

Doesn't everyone :wink:

One can quote the Koran to refute almost anything, as it is so contradictory and inconsistent. Moslems often even quote the bit that talks about a toughening-up of godly policy towards punishments as justification for saying Islam forbids all killing, when in fact, it justifies the killing of atheists and others who oppose Islam.

The hadith show the prophet contradicting himself left, right and centre, changing his message to suit his political aims.
(edited 7 years ago)

I'm the true true ahle sunnah tho :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not always - sometime people have a tendency to say but Sheikh Fulaan (RH) said this, Imam Fulaan (AS) said that, without it linking to the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW) :tongue:
Hey (Salaam!)

Has anyone heard about the Madinah Society? What do you make of it?

I've started university at the University of Leicester. To be honest, the Islamic Society just doesn't do it for me - the environment is too tense and I feel pressured to be a 'certain type of person.' But I've seen on social media about Madinah Society at other universities and am thinking of starting one at my university. The environment just seems a lot more chilled out and more accustomed to how I've been brought up to understand my Islam.

Check out what its about: www.madinahsocietynetwork.com

I think they're actually quite keen for Madinah Societies to spread to other universities as an alternative for the ISOC/FOSIS system.
Original post by OneTimer
Hey (Salaam!)

Has anyone heard about the Madinah Society? What do you make of it?

I've started university at the University of Leicester. To be honest, the Islamic Society just doesn't do it for me - the environment is too tense and I feel pressured to be a 'certain type of person.' But I've seen on social media about Madinah Society at other universities and am thinking of starting one at my university. The environment just seems a lot more chilled out and more accustomed to how I've been brought up to understand my Islam.

Check out what its about: www.madinahsocietynetwork.com

I think they're actually quite keen for Madinah Societies to spread to other universities as an alternative for the ISOC/FOSIS system.

It's a bad idea.

"Indeed, those who have divided their religion and become sects - you, [O Muhammad], are not [associated] with them in anything. Their affair is only
to Allah ; then He will inform them about what they used to do"

You'd be disuniting people and dividing the Muslims further into groups. The FOSIS system works fine and I've seen it transform non-practicing/cultural Muslims into loving religious people, and better yet they are drawn to authentic Islam.
they are drawn to authentic Islam.

Authentic Islam according to your sect, or authentic according to all sects?

:toofunny:
Original post by Good bloke
Authentic Islam according to your sect, or authentic according to all sects?

:toofunny:

Authentic Islam as followed by the first generations of Muslims; other sects and subsects tend to not to stick to this principle firmly :smile:
Authentic Islam as followed by the first generations of Muslims; other sects and subsects tend to not to stick to this principle firmly :smile:

Ah! The good o0ld, honest, unadulterated, aggressive, warlike kind, where mobs of desert-dwellers are encouraged to stick it to the non-believer!
Ah! The good o0ld, honest, unadulterated, aggressive, warlike kind, where mobs of desert-dwellers are encouraged to stick it to the non-believer!

Ah! The good old redundant kind of post, where no valid response to me is available but you post anyway to demean others to massage your ego!
Ah! The good old redundant kind of post, where no valid response to me is available but you post anyway to demean others to massage your ego!

So you don't want to respond properly and claim that a literal interpretation is full of the milk of human kindness?
So you don't want to respond properly and claim that a literal interpretation is full of the milk of human kindness?

It would be a fruitless argument between us based upon subjective morality, so no point.
It would be a fruitless argument between us based upon subjective morality, so no point.

I think we can both agree that killing humans is normally immoral, whether that moral stance is subjective or objective. Surely we can both agree that it is always immoral to kill or injure people purely because of their beliefs?

But perhaps you think it is morally right to kill unbelievers, if you believe you have been told to do so by your god?. Perhaps you could clarify that?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending