The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Could I get an offer?

My actual grades at AS were BBC, my predicted grades are AAB. Could I still get an offer
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I think it depends on how you can explain your predicted grades
University of York
York
Original post by CS John
My actual grades at AS were BBC, my predicted grades are AAB. Could I still get an offer of an ABB-AAB course despite my actual grades?

It would depend on the course you're applying for and the subjects you're doing your A-Levels in :smile: I would recommend talking to the Admissions Tutor for the course you're interested in - you'll be able to find their contact details on the course page! They'll be able to give you more information.

Many thanks,

Katie
Reply 3
Original post by University of York
It would depend on the course you're applying for and the subjects you're doing your A-Levels in :smile: I would recommend talking to the Admissions Tutor for the course you're interested in - you'll be able to find their contact details on the course page! They'll be able to give you more information.

Many thanks,

Katie

I'm Predicted an A for OCR Computer Science, A for geography and B for Maths and A for EPQ. I want to do the BEng Computer Science course, I think it requires AAB-ABB
Am failing to see why he cant be considered for an offer based on the predicted grades? Its quite common for preciteds to be one grade up from AS. Just talk to them and see if it will rule you out of consideration.
Original post by CS John
I'm Predicted an A for OCR Computer Science, A for geography and B for Maths and A for EPQ. I want to do the BEng Computer Science course, I think it requires AAB-ABB

With your predicted grades, it seems likely that you would be made an offer for York :smile: However, it also depends on a few other things such as the quality of your personal statement and references. If you're recommended for an offer, you can attend an optional interview, which may lower your offer by one A-Level grade.

You can always email the Admissions Tutor for Computer Science on [email protected] to find out more information.
Katie
Original post by CS John
My actual grades at AS were BBC, my predicted grades are AAB. Could I still get an offer of an ABB-AAB course despite my actual grades?

I would say you probably will. I got ABBD in AS and dropped the A so technically I had BBD but I was predicted AAB. I applied to York and got an offer 2 days later and they're asking for AAB! So yes I think it's definitely possible they'll give you an offer based on your predicted grades :smile:

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest