Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

are iphones any good ? and if so what iphone is the best and most good looking

previous phones that i had were
    samsung young
    LG smartphone
    nokia smartphone
    htc smartphone
    and they were all good
    oh and i am 13 so for my age what iphone is good

(Original post by elena2003)
    oh and i am 13 so for my age what iphone is good

Whichever model your pocket money will stretch to.

But seriously, iPhones are very good phones, easily among the top phones for the year they're released and remain good choices for up to a few years after. They're well built, have great screens, and a thriving app ecosystem. The operating system is more restrictive than Android when it comes to customisation and installing non-approved apps, but if you aren't too fussed by that sort of thing then the level of functionality between the two systems is practically identical.

As for which model to get, there are three main questions:
    *Do you want a big display, standard size display, or tiny display? For big, look at the Plus models, for standard it's the non-Plus models, for tiny it's the iPhone SE.
    *Do you want to plug headphones straight into your phone? If so, look at the 6S and 6S Plus. If you're happy to use an adaptor, look at the 7 and 7 Plus
    *How much do you have to spend? The iPhones are priced as follows;
    -£379= iPhone SE
    -£499= iPhone 6S
    -£599= iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 7
    -£719= iPhone 7Plus

Grrrrr if your parents are willing to take out a contract for you, you can check the prices from loads of different carriers with different packages.

Realistically all modern day smartphones are good, providing you spend out to get a decent one. Even the mid tier models are alright.

I personally would never recommend an iPhone. They don't fit my ideal phone. You have no customisation options.

In terms of which iPhone is the best, that's arguably always going to be the most recent model, in this case the 7. As for which looks best, I think they all look pretty much the same (and they're all pretty ugly to me) but again the most recent is usually the best styled. Good looking should not be a parameter for buying a phone though. Practicality and specs should be more important.

It also amazes me that nowadays a 13 year old can have gone through so many phones. You've owned as many smartphones as I have and I'll never understand why someone under the age of 10 could realistically need a high end phone.

Besides that solid advice from Gofre on which iPhone to buy.

I have a 6s plus and can confirm it is the best 2nd best phone I've had (i also had an s7 edge and a note7 I have an s6 at the moment)
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.