The Student Room Group

Unsure if to go to accomodation tonight or tomorrow.

3rd attempt trying to keep it short,

I live between 2 properties, one is a student one I live a few days a week as uni is far away and its cheaper to rent that than commute due to being given travel expenses.

However I normally have to change trains meaning a 2 hour journey apart from 1-3 trains a day that go straight through where I live that means 55 minutes journey.

I have no classes next week but want to go down to student accomodation to drop off a bag of computer parts so when the last thing arrives in post I can just build pc. also as bills are inclusive I can take my dirty clothes to student accomodation tonight and wash them so dry by morning but the issue is as its 2 hours to get there at earliest I would say I would be at property around 5.30 tonight if I take the 2 hour train and by time it takes to get to train station or 6.50 if I wait for fast train meaning I would only get about 2 or 3 hours before bedtime.

I could as well wait to tomorrow morning and get first train at 8am getting me in at 9 giving me all day in town but then makes it difficult to do the washing

Either way I plan to come back tomorrow night as have to be up 7.30am Tuesday for a appointment.

I could of course just leave going to student accomodation till Thursday or Friday night but that means hassle.

What would you do?
Original post by Ryouga

I live between 2 properties, one is a student one I live a few days a week as uni is far away and its cheaper to rent that than commute due to being given travel expenses.

However I normally have to change trains meaning a 2 hour journey apart from 1-3 trains a day that go straight through where I live that means 55 minutes journey.

I have no classes next week but want to go down to student accomodation to drop off a bag of computer parts so when the last thing arrives in post I can just build pc. also as bills are inclusive I can take my dirty clothes to student accomodation tonight and wash them so dry by morning but the issue is as its 2 hours to get there at earliest I would say I would be at property around 5.30 tonight if I take the 2 hour train and by time it takes to get to train station or 6.50 if I wait for fast train meaning I would only get about 2 or 3 hours before bedtime.

I could as well wait to tomorrow morning and get first train at 8am getting me in at 9 giving me all day in town but then makes it difficult to do the washing

Either way I plan to come back tomorrow night as have to be up 7.30am Tuesday for a appointment.

I could of course just leave going to student accomodation till Thursday or Friday night but that means hassle.

What would you do?

I see it's a bit late.. :frown: but I would've gone for the first option - going the first day and getting everything in place.
Original post by Ryouga

What would you do?

Why the constant travelling backwards and forwards?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending