The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Graphics 6Gr04 2016 Moderation

Hi,

I did Edexcel A Level Graphics and I'm very disappointed with my result. I was marked at a B for my coursework by my teacher, which I thought was fair, if a little low considering the amount of work I put in and the amount of improvements I made to it. Then it got moderated down to an E. This lowered my overall grade significantly, it's not high enough for me to get into the uni I want to go to. So either my teacher has marked me way too high or the moderator has made a mistake, or both. But I've spoken to my teacher and he said Edexcel do this a lot and the only thing I can do is improve and resubmit the coursework this year. (I'm currently an external student studying A2 Maths because I retook AS in year 13 after failing it in Year 12, so luckily I have this extra year that I can try to improve my Graphics grade).
The worry I have is what if it gets moderated down again or my grade doesn't change? I don't feel I can trust my teacher's marking, and he says I can't complain to Edexcel about their moderation, even though the examiners comments don't explain the need for such a massive grade drop. I’ve heard that it may be possible to get my coursework marked by an ex-examiner so they can give a second opinion but I have no idea how I’d do that. My teacher says that’s a waste of time anyway.

Can anyone give some advice please? Thank you in advance!

Ryan
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest