The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone else love getting post? I just find the idea that someone's posted messages for me through a hole in my door really exciting.
I love getting post, too. I think it's magical how a letter can get to me from the other side of the country in less than 24 hours. I don't like days when there is no post, ie. Sundays and bank holidays. It feels wrong.
Yeah, I'm like that as well. If I come home from somewhere (because the post is never delivered before I leave for college or work in the morning!) and I've got mail, or if my dad shouts up to me while I'm having a lay in to tell me stuff has come for me, I get really excited. Usually because I'm ordering DVDs and games and random eBay stuff! Also, these days, because of UCAS/Uni stuff though.
Reply 23
Unis got our results on Sunday. technically unis get into trouble from ucas for telling candidates before results day, and so mos unis will post out letters today so they'll get there results day or the friday (if there's no post strike this week lol) of course some unis are over eager and posted out tuesday so a few may arrive with todays post wrongly
Reply 24
Thelfo
Does anyone else love getting post? I just find the idea that someone's posted messages for me through a hole in my door really exciting.

Oh I love it. If I'm in bed and hear the post coming in I have to get up and see what it is. Especially if it sounds like there was something heavy. I get disappointed when I just have a bank statement though. Our post is pretty crap. It usually comes around 10-11, and used to be much earlier. And then any parcels are delivered by the guy who drives around in a van and doesn't usually appear until near four o'clock.
No luck for me this morning :frown: only 1 piece of post for my step-dad! How dissapointing.
.......your telling me am not the only person sitting next to the door waiting for post?
mtbab
Unis got our results on Sunday. technically unis get into trouble from ucas for telling candidates before results day, and so mos unis will post out letters today so they'll get there results day or the friday (if there's no post strike this week lol) of course some unis are over eager and posted out tuesday so a few may arrive with todays post wrongly

Heh, here's hoping for today anyway then. My post comes @ like lunchtime, which would be useless, were it tomorow.
talknerdytome
No luck for me this morning :frown: only 1 piece of post for my step-dad! How dissapointing.

Damn, all I got was an advert/leaflet for an arabic pizza place. hehe
Reply 29
my post usually comes at like 3 but this summer holiday its been coming about about half 12.

I remember when i was a kid it would be there when i woke up in the morning at liek 6am, those were the days!
Reply 30
I eagerly awaited the mail...and all I got was a letter from Coventry university (who I put down as my insurance, but now I don't know why) saying good luck! The amount of letters they've sent me is unbelievable, good for them to keep in contact yes, but they must have their own personal rainforest for that much paper!
Reply 31
My mate recieved a letter from kingston today saying that he got accepted. So it does show that unis send acceptance letters out before results day:biggrin: hope this is all good news!
argh, i want to know!
Reply 33
ddchunlap
My mate recieved a letter from kingston today saying that he got accepted. So it does show that unis send acceptance letters out before results day:biggrin: hope this is all good news!

:eek:

My mail hasn't come yet, so there's still a chance my letter may turn up one day early.. :rolleyes:

I'd try my best not to open it until tomorrow though, i want to find out my results first :s-smilie:
Reply 34
my post still hasnt arrived yet :s-smilie:, it used to come at 8am. Royal mail gone downhill.
Reply 35
:O:O: i can see the postmannnn woop woop.
Reply 36
Jozeesh
:eek:

My mail hasn't come yet, so there's still a chance my letter may turn up one day early.. :rolleyes:

I'd try my best not to open it until tomorrow though, i want to find out my results first :s-smilie:

really!

but if the letter was psotmarked Cardiff it'd defo be an acceptance letter right? Do they send out rejection letters???
Reply 37
i doubt it - but you never know! :biggrin:
Reply 38
mtbab
really!

but if the letter was psotmarked Cardiff it'd defo be an acceptance letter right? Do they send out rejection letters???

Well, in reality i think my plan would go out the window and i'd be tearing it open with my teeth.. but i'd like to think i could wait one more day :wink:

Oh, and i think the letter could be letting us know either way; it'll either begin with 'Congratulations!' or 'Unfortunately..'
At least i assume :s-smilie:
Reply 39
~Kirsty~
i doubt it - but you never know! :biggrin:

oh great even more drama.

i've decided i'm not waiting for the postman to get to me tomorrow. He parks his car by the shop at about 7am but because he does like the whole area he gets to my road about 6hours later, so i think i'm just gonna meet him by his car tomorrow and be like, give me my post now haha!

Latest

Trending

Trending