The Student Room Group

Wanting to move to America

Good evening all,

I want to know how realistic it would be for someone to move to America with 10 gcses, a level 2 in business admin and a financial certificate for trading in shares and stocks from a competition?

My strongest point is shares and stocks after coming 4th in a competition and my dream is to trade in the NYSE and Commodity market.

I would love to move to America and want a fresh start from the UK.

Basically, my question is the following, with my gcses and certificate, without having any family in America, how likely is it for me to be able to live in America with a house?
Get a degree at a strong university here which is well known internationally. For example LSE, Imperial, UCL. Aim for a first and get internships. Start off getting one in this country then in your second and third year aim for internships in America. Impress them
Basically zero.
Reply 3
I forgot to add I'm currently on an apprenticeship scheme with the NHS if this makes any difference
You need a sponsorship (usually given by the company you work for) to pay for you to work for them in the US. These are very expensive and companies usually will only sponsor you if they they you are worth it, which makes it difficult to move to America.
(Trust me, I've tried :tongue:)

Quick Reply

Latest