The Student Room Group

ever used study drugs?

ever used study drugs? did they help? how did you get them? do you prefer to study without them? whats it like studying with them?

Scroll to see replies

No. Isn't it illegal?
Original post by saraxh
No. Isn't it illegal?

some of them are prescription drugs so you cant gt them without a prescription. but you can still get some online.
Original post by borborygmus
some of them are prescription drugs so you cant gt them without a prescription. but you can still get some online.

Loooool they don't work I promise you. You just think they actually work but they don't. They give you energy and its just like caffeine but its a load of b

Just study hard lol without them
Caffeine is the study drug. Don't need anything illegal.
Original post by samantham999
Loooool they don't work I promise you. You just think they actually work but they don't. They give you energy and its just like caffeine but its a load of b

Just study hard lol without them

have you ever used them? also no amount of coffee in the world can ever get me to concentrate. i just spend several hours staring at the screen, and people have suggested study drugs
Original post by rustyldner
Caffeine is the study drug. Don't need anything illegal.

nothing ive seen so far has been illegal, also if its just caffeine, why do people report it to help? is it a placebo effect?
have you ever used them? also no amount of coffee in the world can ever get me to concentrate. i just spend several hours staring at the screen, and people have suggested study drugs

Yes!! I promise its a lie, try them if you want
go to the library? because you cannot talk in they private study areas?
Ive found that talking about Nootropics on TSR gets the thread removed for "Illegal Activity"

Many Nootropics are not illegal.

Yes I have used them and I still do. Some are good and some are not.
I've taken
Ltheanine (use it for sleep nowadays)
A combination of lots of things, its called PowerPlus or something, thats okay for a little boost
Sulbutiamine - Supposed to be really good but I havent had much of an effect as of yet. Need to up my dosage.

I make my own stacks now.

Try taking coffee and L'Theanine.
Original post by samantham999
Yes!! I promise its a lie, try them if you want
go to the library? because you cannot talk in they private study areas?

i dont know what to buy tho... also seen a lot about potential side-effects which doesnt affect me but my parents will want to know everything if i buy stuff online. could i just go to the pharmacy and get it there? i really wanna try
also no amount of coffee in the world

That's probably why, you've built a tolerance to caffeine. Just drink coffee at most twice a day and it will have a far greater effect when you need it.
They do not work - it is not like that movie, name of which I cannot remember. Just study hard. :wink:
They're overhyped. I've only tried a couple but they honestly don't help as much as one would want.
Original post by Whasupman
They do not work - it is not like that movie, name of which I cannot remember. Just study hard. :wink:

Limitless :u:, Great film wish I found a stash like that.
I wouldn't be surprised if certain drugs could improve cognitive performance I mean there are things that improve psychical performance why not mental. My concern would be firstly that drugs which are known to have psychically enhancing affects also have serious negative side effects. The same is likely to be true for any "smart drugs" that actually work.

Further you really don't know what your getting my brain is my most valuable asset I don't want to gamble it on substances I am ignorant of. There are perfectly harmless things that help the brain such as Omega 3 also the Ketogenic Diet seriously helps cognitive performance but is a really hard diet to stick to.

DO NOT DO THIS DIET IF YOU HAVE DIABETES TYPE 1 IT WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DO.
Lmao at using study drugs for GCSEs. You remind me of the people that were getting stressed over the Year 6 Sats.
I've used modafinil. Crap. Just made me feel anxious which paradoxically killed my ability to think clearly.
Study drugs at GCSE? Oh dear if you cnat cope with GCSE you are going to need a lot of help later.
Reply 19
yeah I used Modanfinil. work great for me.

Quick Reply

Latest