The Student Room Group

Studying BTEC Level 3 Business Studies

Hey,

At the moment I am studying BTEC level 3 business studies in year 12, I hadn't done as well as I hoped in GCSE (I got a B in Maths, C in English and a C in all the other Sciences) and wasn't able to study maths in A-levels so I chose to do a level 3 btec in business studies. I wasn't sure what other options there were and I wanted to go to a university in the future and college didn't appeal to me.

In the past month of the course I have really been trying hard to keep on top of my coursework and not to fall behind, and I've done research on universities to find out what possible uni's I can go to and apparently some russell group universities accept btec students but I cant find what the requirements are, I am hoping to achieve 3 distinctions maybe distinction stars but I don't know if I will be able to attend those universities with a btec. so I was wondering if anyone can give me any help in my current circumstance to give me a boost on giving me a better chance to get a place in one of those universities, or another option I can take that can get a place at university.
Original post by delan1311
Hey,

At the moment I am studying BTEC level 3 business studies in year 12, I hadn't done as well as I hoped in GCSE (I got a B in Maths, C in English and a C in all the other Sciences) and wasn't able to study maths in A-levels so I chose to do a level 3 btec in business studies. I wasn't sure what other options there were and I wanted to go to a university in the future and college didn't appeal to me.

In the past month of the course I have really been trying hard to keep on top of my coursework and not to fall behind, and I've done research on universities to find out what possible uni's I can go to and apparently some russell group universities accept btec students but I cant find what the requirements are, I am hoping to achieve 3 distinctions maybe distinction stars but I don't know if I will be able to attend those universities with a btec. so I was wondering if anyone can give me any help in my current circumstance to give me a boost on giving me a better chance to get a place in one of those universities, or another option I can take that can get a place at university.

UCAS will normally have a BTEC tab in the entry requirements section of a course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending