The Student Room Group

Extended Project (EPQ) Business Studies title help

I'm in year 12 right now and I'm doing an EPQ as it is supposedly going to help me get into a unversity as an A* in an EPQ will count as 70 ucas points which will be 1/2 of an A-level. But I'm having trouble starting. I want to write about something about business studies as that is what I am studying currently but we haven't really covered all of the topics in the topic so I haven't got a lot of topics I can choose from to write about. so I was wondering if I could get some help or some examples that I could use for my EPQ, I know it should come to me like that but at the moment I can't think of anything and was hoping I could get some inspiration so I can think of a title myself.
Even if you haven't covered the topics yet you can read around them and work out what interests you. That's what an EPQ is about anyway, doing your own research. Think about that for a bit and then narrow it down. Then talk to your teachers about what is feasible.
Don't you think its a bit late to be STARTING your project lol?
Original post by delan1311
I'm in year 12 right now and I'm doing an EPQ as it is supposedly going to help me get into a unversity as an A* in an EPQ will count as 70 ucas points which will be 1/2 of an A-level. But I'm having trouble starting. I want to write about something about business studies as that is what I am studying currently but we haven't really covered all of the topics in the topic so I haven't got a lot of topics I can choose from to write about. so I was wondering if I could get some help or some examples that I could use for my EPQ, I know it should come to me like that but at the moment I can't think of anything and was hoping I could get some inspiration so I can think of a title myself.

When you say help you get into university don't look at it from a UCAS points perspective, some universities e.g. bath or lancaster give lower offers with a A/A* in EPQ AND good to mention in your personal statement if you do it relevant to your course for which you are applying for.

I think if you do JUST business studies you are constricting yourself to a very narrow line, a Business Studies / Economics (basically microeconomics type of project may be more INTERESTING and good to talk about (considering a lot of AS Business is just common sense).

If you want my opinion on something I would find very interesting is may something about firms which did well in the recession, why they did, how they are doing now - something along those lines (Im doing an EPQ myself but not on that topic so if u want help u can pm me). Also it might help you in A2 business studies cause u might gain some further knowledge.

Quick Reply

Latest