Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

What are my options for future study/careers?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Now i really feel like i've messed up my choices in my A-levels and I came to realise this half-way through year one of college where it was too late to go back and change anything. I'm currently in year 2 of college and have an As level in Computing and am currently expecting an A/A* in Electronics and a D*D* in Double BTEC IT. I'm really set on doing an Engineering course but I think i've messed up by not doing physics. I was never allowed to do maths because my college required students to have an A at GCSE and I never had the foresight to do physics. I really want to avoid foundation years if I can because it's extra money and time spent on something that might not even pay off in this day and age. Although i'm really hopeful with BAE and have some work experience lined up for December i'd be really grateful if anybody knew of any half-decent courses I have even a chance of getting into. I'm really interested in the Software and Electronic Engineering courses and would also be happy with a software engineering course if there was no way I could do one that integrated hardware. I'm also super interested in the Space Engineering courses from Surrey and Kingston but I doubt I could even afford to live there even if I did get on. Thanks for any replies.

Could do an access course although tbh I'd say it's worth paying the extra for a foundation year as access courses are hit and miss plus the foundation year gives you extra time to settle into the uni environment and make friends.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.