The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2017

This is some information for all prospective applicants for 2017.

It's also a thread where you can have a general chat and ask any questions you can't find the answer to.

The most common FAQs are answered in the drop downs below, so have a look there first.

There are a lot of answers on the University website too, but feel free to ask here if you can't find what you need.

How to Apply

Entry Requirements

International students

Mature students

Deferred Entry

Fees and Finance

After Applying

How long does it take to reply

Interviews

Visit Days

Rejected despite meeting the minimum entry requirements

After Receiving an Offer

Replying to an offer

Accommodation

Results Day and Clearing

Hopefully all of this helps a bit towards answering some of your questions!

Vicky & Amy :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I thought I'd start a thread for everyone applying to Loughborough. Put your course, when you applied, GCSE Grades, A-Level Predicted Grades and if you get an offer.

Course: Sport and Exercise Science (4yrSW)
GCSE Grades: AAAABBBBBC
A-Level Predicted Grades: Distinction* Distinction* A

No offer from Loughborough yet though!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
I applied almost a month ago for Sport and Exercise Science, got an acknowledgement on the 15th of September and received the 'Welcome to Loughborough email on the 29th of September. Will I hear anything about whether my application has been successful or not soon?

(Also thank you so much for starting this thread, I've been looking for a Loughborough thread)
Original post by Ellie419
I applied almost a month ago for Sport and Exercise Science, got an acknowledgement on the 15th of September and received the 'Welcome to Loughborough email on the 29th of September. Will I hear anything about whether my application has been successful or not soon?

(Also thank you so much for starting this thread, I've been looking for a Loughborough thread)

Hi Ellie419

The Admissions Office are starting to make offers as of this week, so fingers crossed you will hear soon. It's a long job though so don't panic if you don't hear from them straightaway - they will be making their way through everyone's applications as quickly as they can. Try to not to worry, they reply to all applicants so you will hear from them at some point :smile:

Amy
I've just heard that Loughborough will start replying to applications this week. They have an FAQs thread for anyone who wants to ask them a question
Reply 5
I'm applying for both industrial design and tech and product design and tech. Hoping to get my application sent off early next week. In terms of interviews, how much notice do you get beforehand in order to organise a suitable portfolio and complete the design task?
Reply 6
Course: Product design tech/Industrial design tech
GCSE Grades: A*A*A*AAAAABB and a Merit in BTEC Sport
A-Level Predicted Grades: A*AA

Applied: 18/10/16
(edited 7 years ago)
Course: Mathematics and Statistics
GCSE Grades: A*A*A*A*A*AAAAB
A-Level Predicted Grades: AAA

Has anyone received any offers yet?
Not yet. But if they're starting to reply this week then I reckon people will have heard by Friday.

Anyone else get the 'welcome to Loughborough email' ?
Reply 9
Not yet. But if they're starting to reply this week then I reckon people will have heard by Friday.

Anyone else get the 'welcome to Loughborough email' ?

Nope, not yet :smile:
Original post by AbbieL
Nope, not yet :smile:

I'm not sure if it is a good sign or not. But I'm hoping it is. Loughborough is my top uni by a long way
Reply 11
I'm not sure if it is a good sign or not. But I'm hoping it is. Loughborough is my top uni by a long way

Same! It blew me away at the open day in June. Been aiming for Loughborough before then though it looks that good. Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello guys, I'm applying to Loughborough to study History!

GCSE Grades: 10 A* 2 A
AS: AAAAC
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A

I absolutely love the uni, probably going to be my insurance choice - the open day was fab! I'm a cricketer so the sports facilities and programmes have done it for me really :biggrin:
Good luck to everyone applying!
Original post by AbbieL
Same! It blew me away at the open day in June. Been aiming for Loughborough before then though it looks that good. Where else are you applying?

Thats the same for me. I've applied to Nottingham Trent, Surrey, Kent and Southampton Solent. Surrey was a lot like Loughborough on the open day so its a good back up if I don't get Loughborough
Original post by amygracebroad
Hello guys, I'm applying to Loughborough to study History!

GCSE Grades: 10 A* 2 A
AS: AAAAC
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A

I absolutely love the uni, probably going to be my insurance choice - the open day was fab! I'm a cricketer so the sports facilities and programmes have done it for me really :biggrin:
Good luck to everyone applying!

I'm a cricketer as well!!!!! Will you be applying for the MCCU if you get in? Loughborough is 100% my firm. I'm sure its 2nd in the country for my course (Edinburgh was 1st but thats too far for me)
I'm a cricketer as well!!!!! Will you be applying for the MCCU if you get in? Loughborough is 100% my firm. I'm sure its 2nd in the country for my course (Edinburgh was 1st but thats too far for me)

yes definitely! I've applied for four MCCU universities, it's a huge priority for me haha! Who do you play for?
yes definitely! I've applied for four MCCU universities, it's a huge priority for me haha! Who do you play for?

I play for Dorset. Who do you play for? I looked at all the MCCU universities but Loughborough was the only one with the correct course programme for me. I'm a fast bowler by the way, what about you, batsman or a bowler?
I play for Dorset. Who do you play for? I looked at all the MCCU universities but Loughborough was the only one with the correct course programme for me. I'm a fast bowler by the way, what about you, batsman or a bowler?

I play for Durham - couldn't be much further away from each other haha! Yeah I'm a fast bowler too :smile:
Because History is such a standard course I had pretty much free range of universities, so it was easy in that sense. What are you looking to study?
I play for Durham - couldn't be much further away from each other haha! Yeah I'm a fast bowler too :smile:
Because History is such a standard course I had pretty much free range of universities, so it was easy in that sense. What are you looking to study?

I want to study Sport and Exercise Science, Leeds are the only other uni that do it and their approach to the course was more for medical uses rather than working with athletes. Well hey if we both get in we could be team-mates next year! My bowling is definetly helped by my height and the fact that i have rridiculously long arms (Genuinely I have longer arms than my 26 year old brother who is 6ft 3
Reply 19
[QUOTE="Ellie419;67997988"]
Original post by AbbieL

Thats the same for me. I've applied to Nottingham Trent, Surrey, Kent and Southampton Solent. Surrey was a lot like Loughborough on the open day so its a good back up if I don't get Loughborough

I literally have no uni that's as good as Loughborough but I would be happy at Huddersfield because I went to their open day before the Loughborough one and was impressed until I visited Loughborough after it. I'm only applying to four universities because I'm applying for two courses at Loughborough and then Huddersfield, Leeds and Central Lancashire

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest