The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Applicants: 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Just opened my emails this morning and got an unconditional for Business Management at UEA. My predicted grades are A*, A, B.. SO pleased because this will really take pressure off over next few months. However, if not your first choice there's always that dilemma of whether to firm an unconditional. First choices were Exeter and Surrey- But UEA looks great as well.......anyone else applying for Business?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Morgie James
Just opened my emails this morning and got an unconditional for Business Management at UEA. My predicted grades are A*, A, B.. SO pleased because this will really take pressure off over next few months. However, if not your first choice there's always that dilemma of whether to firm an unconditional. First choices were Exeter and Surrey- But UEA looks great as well.......anyone else applying for Business?

What were your AS grades?
Reply 62
Original post by TheBethIAm
Hey guys,
Well done on all those offers so far.
Does anyone know if there is a facebook group set up for us?

I've applied to do Int. Dev with Economics and received my offer also.

Hey sorry I did not reply earlier. Yes there is a Facebook group set up for UEA applicants. I've sent a request to join it but am still not accepted so you can try your luck XD

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1145508722207071/

Don't firm it just because its unconditional, once you have all your offers weigh up the pros and cons of each uni again.
Original post by University of East Anglia
Are you applying to UEA this year, or considering applying?

We would love to hear from you! This is your opportunity to talk with other applicants, and also ask current students or alumni your questions about the university. We'll be dipping into the thread too offering official advice from the university.

Find out more about UEA on the university guide part of the website here where you can also find out about Open Days and order a prospectus.

Finally if you've got accommodation questions you can ask them here and for general UEA questions you can go here.

For 2016 applicants please see this thread.

Have you ever given unconditional for Physics or Maths?
I'm applying for Drama! I am SO desperate to get in as I have looked at so many different universities, but none match up to how much I love UEA. I will be gutted if I don't :frown: I am worried though because my A Level grades are likely not to meet the requirements... :/ I'm working so hard this year though as I so desperately want to be offered a place!
(edited 7 years ago)
Applied for Law with American Law. Couldn't come to the open day because it was my birthday unfortunately.

One question. Does UEA require the LNAT? I'm taking it anyways so its not a big deal if it does, but I've heard conflicting stories
Original post by citibankrec
What were your AS grades?

A,A,B,C Economics, Geog, Bio,FRench
Thanks Jelly 1000- good advice!
Thanks Jelly 1000- good advice!

No problem :smile: Unconditionals pre A-level results day are just a marketing tool to tempt people but at at the end of the day that won't be what makes you happy somewhere for 3 years.
Original post by Michael_Fishy
Applied for Law with American Law. Couldn't come to the open day because it was my birthday unfortunately.

One question. Does UEA require the LNAT? I'm taking it anyways so its not a big deal if it does, but I've heard conflicting stories

If you can get up another time soon then UEA will have a mini open day on the 25th November or a campus tour on the 18th November, 2nd December and 9th December. As per here
https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/visit/campus-tours

Or if you get an offer they will invite you to a post offer open day which will cover some of the things the main open day did.

Didn't study Law so no idea about the LNAT but if you don't get an answer on here then email admissions.
Reply 71
Hey guys! I currently study at UEA, I am a first year LLB law. If anyone has any questions they want answering I would be more than happy to help :smile: Well done on all of you who already have offers, and good luck to those who are still waiting.
Reply 72
Original post by Michael_Fishy

Hey, no, UEA does not require the LNAT. :smile:
Original post by Bex1308
Hey, no, UEA does not require the LNAT. :smile:

Thank you!
Anyone applied for Drama?
Just registered for the applicant day on the 7th December for maths. Anyone else going?
Reply 77
Original post by TheBethIAm
Hey guys,
Well done on all those offers so far.
Does anyone know if there is a facebook group set up for us?

I've applied to do Int. Dev with Economics and received my offer also.

I got an offer for Int. Dev but with Geography not Economics. Just wondering what applicant day choice was given to you. I just got different date options for Int. Dev and not Geography. What did you get?
Reply 78
Original post by notonlyme
Received a conditional offer today too! I've applied for geography and international development (with overseas experience). Very happy!
Edit: they've said they'll make it unconditional if I firm!

I have an offer for the same course. For the applicant day, I just got different date options for international development and nothing about geography. Seems a bit weird as its not just an international development degree. Did you get the same?
Original post by Ros204
I got an offer for Int. Dev but with Geography not Economics. Just wondering what applicant day choice was given to you. I just got different date options for Int. Dev and not Geography. What did you get?

I got applicant days for the 25th January, 11th February and 4th March. The economics is a minor and is considered part of the International Development department rather than the Economics department, I believe. So I wouldn't get a different applicant day for Economics...
I am not sure whether this answers your question on why you haven't got the Geography.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending