The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No it's not worth they money. Go and get some work experience it is better for you. I suggest instead of medlink buy this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Getting-Medical-School-Course-Guides/dp/1844550745/ref=pd_bbs_3/203-8105032-4399153?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187097877&sr=8-3

It tells you about all the processes and gives you the entry requirements. I went in December 06, and they just want you to buy other "amazing" things, that aren't actually that good! Oxbridge session really wasn't worth £25. SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR UNIVERSITY!!
Reply 2
It was quite good fun, but a rip off really. I agree with the above poster - go and get some work experience and buy a good book, like the insider's guide to medical school or something similar. It does give you a taster of what uni life will be like, and will help you make up your mind if you're unsure about medicine - many people changed their minds COMPLETELY after Medlink. The interview session was rubbish - you had to give whoever was on your right a fake interview, then they'd do the same to you. My friend and I just laughed through it all, and it was no help whatsoever.

But it was FUN!
Reply 3
Swyn
The interview session was rubbish - you had to give whoever was on your right a fake interview, then they'd do the same to you. My friend and I just laughed through it all, and it was no help whatsoever.

But it was FUN!

I wasn't the only one then?
Reply 4
yeah waste of money, don't do it
Reply 5
yes it was a waste of money -but it was pretty fun. especially the lectures with chris young who kept making extremely cheesy jokes etc ... i enjoyed medsim a lot more.
Reply 6
I enjoyed it, it's good to meet similar people doing the same thing as you. In fact, I think that's a good enough reason to go. I still talk to several people I met at medlink 2006. Did it help me get my offer? Not really, I don't expect... but it's not just about that.

Latest

Trending

Trending