Exam Fees?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be doing distance learning A-Levels ready for Uni, and I've half fried my brain trying to work out how much the exam fees will cost. Could anyone give me any help with this, if they've been through it before/going through it now?

More info; I'm going to be studying Physics (9PH0), Economics (9EC0) and Maths (8371 (AS), 8373 (AS/Pure) and 9371 (A2)) plus the Physics practical endorsement, all with Edexcel. I've contacted them and waiting for a response, but if anyone here had a faster answer that would be awesome

ReputationRep:
    The exam board fees aren't that much and are freely available on their website - about £80 for an A level but you have to find a centre willing to accept you and the centre will charge you considerably more than that, particularly for the Physics practicals. (This isn't unreasonable, they have admin, room, invigilation etc that needs to be paid for). Prices vary wildly so shop around, but you'll probably need to reckon on £150-200 for each of Maths and Economics and who knows what for Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    The exam board fees aren't that much and are freely available on their website - about £80 for an A level but you have to find a centre willing to accept you and the centre will charge you considerably more than that, particularly for the Physics practicals. (This isn't unreasonable, they have admin, room, invigilation etc that needs to be paid for). Prices vary wildly so shop around, but you'll probably need to reckon on £150-200 for each of Maths and Economics and who knows what for Physics.
    Yeah, I've got an idea so far about the practical and which center I'm going to do them at, including the practical. Is that per exam, or per A-Level? It'd be worth calling the exam center and asking them too, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DinnyOrSomething)
    Yeah, I've got an idea so far about the practical and which center I'm going to do them at, including the practical. Is that per exam, or per A-Level? It'd be worth calling the exam center and asking them too, right?
    There's no point asking Edexcel, the only place worth asking is potential exam centres. As I said they vary widely so shop around - there won't be much choice where you do the Physics practicals but you don't have to do all your A levels in the same place so it might be cheaper to do Maths and Economics elsewhere but check the timetable as you need to have both exams at the same centre if you have a clash- they don't clash in 2017 but they just might when you're taking them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    There's no point asking Edexcel, the only place worth asking is potential exam centres. As I said they vary widely so shop around - there won't be much choice where you do the Physics practicals but you don't have to do all your A levels in the same place so it might be cheaper to do Maths and Economics elsewhere but check the timetable as you need to have both exams at the same centre if you have a clash- they don't clash in 2017 but they just might when you're taking them.
    That's good advice, I'll make sure to do that. Cheers for your help mate

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.