The Student Room Group

Do Pakistani guys like to be approached by a girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BrokenLife
Yeah I but like this guy is fresh from Pakistan and I know they're a bit more traditional so I was just wondering

You do realise how strict Pakistani culture is? If he is Muslim and you are not I highly doubt his parents will accept you. Most of these Pakistani boys only want to hook up with girls and then when time comes they will marry a virgin Muslim girl.

You're wasting your time in my opinion.
Original post by Zeus007
You do realise how strict Pakistani culture is? If he is Muslim and you are not I highly doubt his parents will accept you. Most of these Pakistani boys only want to hook up with girls and then when time comes they will marry a virgin Muslim girl.

You're wasting your time in my opinion.

Haha he's Pakistani and I'm ALSO a Pakistani :biggrin: If anything, its helpful haha. I don't want to be in a relationship though. Just want to get to know him as friends first and see how things come along. I'm not interested in marriage at least for now:tongue: but yeah, I certainly want to get to know him better to start with. :h:
Reply 22
Haha he's Pakistani and I'm ALSO a Pakistani :biggrin: If anything, its helpful haha. I don't want to be in a relationship though. Just want to get to know him as friends first and see how things come along. I'm not interested in marriage at least for now:tongue: but yeah, I certainly want to get to know him better to start with. :h:

Oh I see, well your thread is kinda misleading since you asked about Pakistani boys thought you were from a totally different background. Made it seem like that anyways.
Original post by Zeus007
Oh I see, well your thread is kinda misleading since you asked about Pakistani boys thought you were from a totally different background. Made it seem like that anyways.

Uh oh..sorry. No, I'm Pakistani but this guy is frssh from Pakistan and I haven't interacted with guys who are fresh from Pakistan, only British Pakistanis. And it does make a difference because from what I know, guys fresh from Pakistan have different ways of thinking, like I know same with guys here but still there are certain cultural things that differ. So I was just wondering. I dunno if that makes sense but yeah :smile:
Reply 24
Uh oh..sorry. No, I'm Pakistani but this guy is frssh from Pakistan and I haven't interacted with guys who are fresh from Pakistan, only British Pakistanis. And it does make a difference because from what I know, guys fresh from Pakistan have different ways of thinking, like I know same with guys here but still there are certain cultural things that differ. So I was just wondering. I dunno if that makes sense but yeah :smile:

I totally understand you, I'm guessing since his fresh from Pakistani he will be a lot stricter and more respectful person. Whereas most British Pakistani boys who are born here are chavs who try to act tough.
Original post by Zeus007
I totally understand you, I'm guessing since his fresh from Pakistani he will be a lot stricter and more respectful person. Whereas most British Pakistani boys who are born here are chavs who try to act tough.

Yeah well, that's why I was wondering. I don't know how he will think if I approach him first. But he's certainly mature and sensible, that's why I'm interested in him. :biggrin:
Actually, nevermind what I typed before
Aw okay :smile: thank you for the reply. I didn't see him today so I couldn't talk but usually I see him here and there regularly. He's actually not a British Pakistani, rather international student and I'm assuming that Pakistani guys who are from back home are more traditional. I really don't know how to approach this guy. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking he may have different mentality. I dunno.

Okay makes sense but like wouldn't it be awkward if go and randomly start talking to him and say that? He would be like 'wth?' Lol.

Be confident. Strut over to him and say your face must be from McDonald's because I'm lovin' it! :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
The OP is a generalisation, as not every Pakistani guy would like to be approached. When I was at Uni I knew some Pakistanis who didn't want girlfriends, and there were others who had girlfriends. At the end of the day, we're all humans once the man-made labels of nationality and religions are peeled off. I don't view people based on these labels.
Original post by stochasticking
Be confident. Strut over to him and say your face must be from McDonald's because I'm lovin' it! :wink:

Hahahaha omg I just came from the event he was in too. Damn he looked so good. I asked my mutual friend about him and he found out I like his friend:colonhash: So now he'll do everything to embarrass me in front of him. He asked me if I wanted him to introduce me to him but I said no because that would have been awkward considering he still hasn't accepted my request:colonhash: But I'm sure my friend will ask me more about it and I'll tell him to introduce me to him in the library, making it look like all natural and normal.:colonhash:
Hahahaha omg I just came from the event he was in too. Damn he looked so good. I asked my mutual friend about him and he found out I like his friend:colonhash: So now he'll do everything to embarrass me in front of him. He asked me if I wanted him to introduce me to him but I said no because that would have been awkward considering he still hasn't accepted my request:colonhash: But I'm sure my friend will ask me more about it and I'll tell him to introduce me to him in the library, making it look like all natural and normal.:colonhash:

When your friend asked if you wanted to be introduced to him you should have said yes. Just speak to him, trust me ; I am a British Pakistani. Just say his body must be a lightswitch because it turns you on :wink:.
Original post by stochasticking
When your friend asked if you wanted to be introduced to him you should have said yes. Just speak to him, trust me ; I am a British Pakistani. Just say his body must be a lightswitch because it turns you on :wink:.

Rbh I wasn't even intimidated by him, I dunno why I said no. I guess because he didn't accept my friend request and I didn't wanted it to be awkward. Anyhow, Idc I'm gunna ask my friend to introduce me to him nex time:colonhash:

Hahahahaha omg I'm dead :biggrin: You know, he's not a British Pakistani. He's actualy Pakistani Pakistani:colonhash: that's why I dunno how to approach him. Anyhow, he doesn't seem like a flirt hence I'm interested in him.
So there's this guy I've sort of had an interest in since last year. The thing is he's a friend of my friend and although we've seen each other here and there and noticed, but haven't ever talked. I thought he graduated but I saw him at uni and I really wanna get to know him better, like be friends with him. But I really don't know how to approach cos I don't want it to be awkward.

Do Pakistani guys like to be approached by a girl? If so, how do I approach him? Should I send him a friend request on fb and see if he messages me?

Serenade him with Bollywood songs and backup dancers.

I did it with @Lord Samosa and he melted.
Rbh I wasn't even intimidated by him, I dunno why I said no. I guess because he didn't accept my friend request and I didn't wanted it to be awkward. Anyhow, Idc I'm gunna ask my friend to introduce me to him nex time:colonhash:

Hahahahaha omg I'm dead :biggrin: You know, he's not a British Pakistani. He's actualy Pakistani Pakistani:colonhash: that's why I dunno how to approach him. Anyhow, he doesn't seem like a flirt hence I'm interested in him.

Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 34
I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. please update. Don't leave me here. Loool the other day I offered this guy that stares at me, looks at me a lot and makes eye contact like everyday with me chocolates and I regretted it. Was so embarrassed. But I'm just awkward tbh. And curious as to why he does that. Idk, might ask him seeing as I may never see him again as hes finished exams and mine are nearly done. But I don't wanna ask and then it's awkward and he tells his friends who I know or hes rude and tells me not to gas myself. So many girls are thirsty for him but not me. anyway PLEASE UPDATE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending