The Student Room Group

Do you need a condom with cerelle?

I thought the point of any oral contraception or implant, coil etc was that if you were with a long term partner you wouldn't need condoms?
I never used to use a condom on microgynon but do you need to on the mini or pop pill?
i take cerelle
Hi
nice questions
im the man to answer this question
The problem is with cerelle is that sometimes it doesn't work so a condom is like a second level of protection and can prevent STI'S but its up to you as if you really don't want a kid then it will deffo insure that no baby comes along down the line
hope this helps
kind regards
marcus
Reply 2
Basically what above said, as long as you take it right you should be protected, but it is not actually 100% so you may wish to take extra precautions like condoms to be sure.
It also won't protect against other things condoms do like STI/Ds so that could be another reason to use them too.

Often people in commited relationships who have no concerns about transmition will choose to trust the pill alone, but it would not be stupid to use condoms too if you wanted the extra protection.

Most important thing is to be aware that there is still a risk and what your options are if you do suspect it has failed. Things like the morning after pill from a pharmacy for instance.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 3
Can I ask why it would fail? if you took it every day at the same time and did not vomit or have a bad stomach and did not take any meds that interacted with it?
Reply 4
Original post by Senseireynolds
Hi
nice questions
im the man to answer this question
The problem is with cerelle is that sometimes it doesn't work so a condom is like a second level of protection and can prevent STI'S but its up to you as if you really don't want a kid then it will deffo insure that no baby comes along down the line
hope this helps
kind regards
marcus

why does cerelle not work?
I was on rigevidon for 6 years and did not have any issues or pregnancies so what is wrong with cerelle?
Original post by Anonymous
why does cerelle not work?
I was on rigevidon for 6 years and did not have any issues or pregnancies so what is wrong with cerelle?

Because all forms of hormonal contraception are never 100%. That's just life.
Reply 6
thanks for the replies i feel like rigevidon is very reliable so I'm hoping cerazette is too
As with any form of contraception, the question is 'is it reliable enough for me?' If the answer is yes, then you don't need to use condoms for extra reliability.

They do add protection against STIs if you have any doubts about your partner(s)'s status.

Quick Reply

Latest