The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Cerazette...

Hi I have been taking cerazette for a month, not using any condoms as I take it at the same time every day. I am very concerned as last week I did a pregnancy test just out of paranoia and it said pregnant!! I was shocked.
I haven't taken any other meds, missed any pills or delayed any. I also haven't had any D and V.
I took another 3 pregnancy tests that day as I was so confused and they said I wasn't pregnant. The next day I then went to my GP practice, he didnt do a blood test but took a urine sample (second urination of the day but still quite conc as I kept it in) and it was negative.
I'm still really concerned as I don't understand how one couldve said that I was pregnant?! Now I'm thinking oh gosh what if that somehow managed to detect it earlier than the others as it was a different branding but i guess i should believe the nurse's test at the Gp right?
Reply 1
Pregnancy tests can return false results which is why it's recommended you take multiple over a few days. The doctor is going to be more accurate than a pregnancy test so it was likely just a false positive.

You should know though that pills are not 100% and it's still recommended to use a condom both for preventing pregnancy and any STDs

Quick Reply

Latest