The Student Room Group

Is it possible to transfer to a different University on a Veterinary Medicine Course?

I am currently in first year of VetMed and for personal reasons want to move to a different University...does any know of a case of someone being allowed to do this? Thanks!
Never heard of it and I'm afraid it's very unlikely :no:

The only exception would be that people on gateway/preliminary/foundation courses sometimes do their first year at one university before continuing for five further years elsewhere (I believe this still requires an interview at the new university).

It's still a very slim chance, but I would suggest contacting the places that you got your other offers from, and even though the new application cycle has started and your other offers technically don't exist any more, ask if they would still consider taking you with deferred entry.
I don't think it's easy but I do know someone who switched from RVC to Liverpool - It was a while ago but I believe they had to pass exams before they could transfer
I know of someone who transferred from VetMed to another course (Geography, of all things), but I should have thought it was far more difficult to transfer to another vet course at a different uni. I think you're best off contacting some departments in universities you're interested in.
Very belated but someone on here a few years ago did this, I think he transferred from Cambridge to Dublin and Dublin was the only vet school willing to consider him transferring if you trawl back through the threads/do a search you might find what he said about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending