The Student Room Group

Applying to the same university for more than one course

I really like Cardiff University and was thinking of applying to 3 different university courses there.

Would this be an issue or is it a perfectly fine thing to do? I have tried looking at unis with similar courses that I'd like however I've had no luck and time is running out.

Any contributions/opinions would be great!
Don't worry about it's perfectly fine as long as you understand that applying to different courses at the same university 3 times takes up 3 options. They will judge each application objectively as if you're only applying to that course don't worry. My friend has applied to SOAS 3 times! What course is it?
Original post by alexdak0ta
I really like Cardiff University and was thinking of applying to 3 different university courses there.

Would this be an issue or is it a perfectly fine thing to do? I have tried looking at unis with similar courses that I'd like however I've had no luck and time is running out.

Any contributions/opinions would be great!

If they are courses in the same department it's not generally worth it as if they didn't accept you for one,they have the option of offering you an alternative. If they are completely different courses then your ps won't work so overall just apply for the course that you really want to go for.
Reply 3
Basically I want to do medicine but my predicted grades are not good enough as my college are refusing to change them:mad: However, Cardiff do not look at predicted grades for medicine and so I was going to try applying there, almost for the experience? I also wanted to apply for psychology there and my personal statement does include bits of psychology. Another typical backup for medicine is biomedical sciences and again Cardiff seems like a good option for the typical offer grades they have, so yeah it's a bit complicated haha
Reply 4
I'm doing a similar thing at Durham - applying for both PPE and Politics. My girlfriend applied for two subjects at Manchester last year, and it seemed fine. However, it's important to note that you can only have one of them as one of your two UCAS preferences - e.g. I couldn't choose PPE Durham as my firm, and Politics as my insurance or vice-versa.
Reply 5
Original post by bearo99
I'm doing a similar thing at Durham - applying for both PPE and Politics. My girlfriend applied for two subjects at Manchester last year, and it seemed fine. However, it's important to note that you can only have one of them as one of your two UCAS preferences - e.g. I couldn't choose PPE Durham as my firm, and Politics as my insurance or vice-versa.

Are you sure? I would understand if they had the same entry requirements it would be a pointless insurance but I've never heard of this limitation, a friend of mine put law at Manchester as firm and Law+Criminology there as insurance and is now doing the latter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending