The Student Room Group

How the hell do I write a love poem?

The love poems I've read are some of the cringiest things I've ever seen, but, there's a this girl who I've been talking to and guess what? She loves poems. So, for her birthday I've been thinking of writing her one, but I need some advice because I've never written one before and honestly some of the ideas I've been thinking of make me cringe.
Reply 1
Original post by AxSirlotl
The love poems I've read are some of the cringiest things I've ever seen, but, there's a this girl who I've been talking to and guess what? She loves poems. So, for her birthday I've been thinking of writing her one, but I need some advice because I've never written one before and honestly some of the ideas I've been thinking of make me cringe.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'll give you this D,
It's perfect for you.

Then attach a pic of your penis.
(edited 7 years ago)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Guess what, my bed has room for two

OR

Row row row your boat gently down the stream,
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
I can make you scream :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'll give you this D,
It's perfect for you.

Then attach a pic of your penis.

One of my friends suggested sending a dick pic, but y'know she probably wouldn't like that xD
A love poem needs to come from the heart. Maybe you could look at love songs by artists you like instead of actual poems. It might give you a bit of inspiration.If the thought of a love poem is really making you cringe, you could try adding a bit of humor to it. Someone wrote me a funny poem last year, when I left work, and I still have it now. Another tip if you want to try it is to make it specific to you and her, instead of just a generic love poem that could be written for any girl. I don't if this helped but I hope you manage to write an awesome poem :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by cuddle_me_in
A love poem needs to come from the heart. Maybe you could look at love songs by artists you like instead of actual poems. It might give you a bit of inspiration.If the thought of a love poem is really making you cringe, you could try adding a bit of humor to it. Someone wrote me a funny poem last year, when I left work, and I still have it now. Another tip if you want to try it is to make it specific to you and her, instead of just a generic love poem that could be written for any girl. I don't if this helped but I hope you manage to write an awesome poem :smile:

Yeah I'm more funny and/or goofy (if that makes sense) than stereotypically romantic (roses, candles and all of that jazz). Yeah, I do need to make it personal because that's what will make her like it, otherwise it's not special. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending