The Student Room Group

Admissions test

Hi, does anyone know of any good BMAT resources/websites/books to use and any useful revision/preparation tips?
BMAT ninja is pretty good, it has notes on all topics (including everything from the course)
it has practice qs and worked solution and sample essays
Reply 2
Thanks - BMAT Ninja looks pretty good

which section do you recommend? training dojo, practice arena or exam arena?
Original post by Zarantulas
Thanks - BMAT Ninja looks pretty good

which section do you recommend? training dojo, practice arena or exam arena?

I did the course so i have a free upgrade to the training dojo and i have limited access to the other two but here is what they are

Training dojo- notes on each section including examples, best if you are rusty or don't know all the material well, also have example essays
training dojo- questions in the first two sections
exam arena- has lots of past papers ( you can find this online but they have worked solutions to every paper so if you don't know why an answer is right that would be helpful)

i personally think learning the basics are key, after that you can just go and do past papers
Reply 4
So is it worthwhile doing both training and exam sections then? and how long can you use them for once you've bought the packages?
So is it worthwhile doing both training and exam sections then? and how long can you use them for once you've bought the packages?

my subscription doest have a time limit ( i don't think it does) maybe until the bmat
and i think training will give you principles you need to make a good start and i think find papers online first, if you get things wrong and don't know why the exam sections would come in handy

also i think you can have a trial run, so make an account as it is free and you can pay after you had a little go
Reply 6
Okay - yeah that seems like the wise thing to do because it would be another £29. And I wouldn't really need it after Bmat anyway haha

Thanks for your suggestions :smile:
Hi, does anyone know of any good BMAT resources/websites/books to use and any useful revision/preparation tips?

Hi there!

A good place to start may be to check out past papers on the Admissions Testing website so you can become familiar with the format of the questions. We also have some free information guides on our website which may be of use to you:

- Preparing for Section 1
- Preparing for Section 2
- Preparing for Section 3

We also have a bank of BMAT Questions, as well as our BMAT Course - available online too.

Hope this helps - good luck with your revision! :smile:
The Medic Portal
Reply 8
To whom it may concern,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am already a member of the medic portal and I shall be checking out what you have to offer very soon!

Original post by The Medic Portal
Hi there!

A good place to start may be to check out past papers on the Admissions Testing website so you can become familiar with the format of the questions. We also have some free information guides on our website which may be of use to you:

- Preparing for Section 1
- Preparing for Section 2
- Preparing for Section 3

We also have a bank of BMAT Questions, as well as our BMAT Course - available online too.

Hope this helps - good luck with your revision! :smile:
The Medic Portal
Reply 9
Hey :smile: is anyone else having trouble accessing the BMAT ninja website? Every time I click on the link it comes up with something like '..could not establish a secure connection to the server'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending