Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Bursary Reform Confusion

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there,

    I am in process of applying to the PgDip In Adult nursing at 3 universities (all in London), and I'm becoming increasingly confused about the NHS bursary reforms. I will be coming from the North, and do not know anyone who lives in London, so will be having to rent accommodation. Am I right in thinking that postgraduate courses will also be transferred to the loans system, and will receive up to the proposed £12,000 a year?

    If this is the case, is any assistance provided with living/accommodation costs? The reason I ask this is because I would like to live in postgraduate halls (studio flat etc.), the cheapest of which seem to be priced at £220 upwards. This totals over £11,000 over a 48 week period, which seems to be extremely expensive, and virtually unaffordable if living on a £12,000 loan (taking into account food, travel costs etc.)? Does anyone who currently studies at KCL, or City currently live in postgrad accommodation, and get by with the alarmingly expensive rent?


    Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.