The Student Room Group

Is Graduate Entry Medicine easier to get in than undergraduate?

I am thinking of doing biomedical then GEM.
I only got 4 A and 6 B at GCSE's; this means it is unlikely for me to get AAA at A level even though I am motivated to do GEM.
Original post by studentshavefun
I only got 4 A and 6 B at GCSE's; this means it is unlikely for me to get AAA at A level even though I am motivated to do GEM.

It is definitely not easier. It is in fact the harder route to take since there are fewer GEM places and more applicants fighting for them.

Your GCSEs may not be exceptional, but they're still good. There's no reason why you can't get AAA if you work hard, think about how you're studying, whether you need to be doing more, or revising in a more targeted way, etc.
Reply 2
Original post by studentshavefun

GEM is a lot more competitive.
Just try your hardest for AS, see how you do and take it from there.
Goodluck.*
hell no

Redo your A-levels and reapply with extra work experience if you need to. If I had to give advice to my 18-year old self, I would tell me that joining uni a year or two late means nothing in the grand scheme of things! Go smash your A-levels, work a bit, travel before you're tied down to an intense course and a buttload of debt...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending