The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I know neither am I
Thanks and enjoy your afternoon at work.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
jstar357
Lancaster, manchester, reading and uea, you?
Have you applied for straight philosophy then :smile:

Yeh, Straight course. I wanted to take it with politic's but they didn't have that combo.. :''( I also applied to Southampton (which was a serious contender), lancaster too, cardiff, and another random one i picked just to fill it up to 5. Southampton gave a higher offer though so i couldn't really put it as insurance lol. Notttingggham here i come, wooo :smile: :biggrin:
skiptotheend1
Yeah, I'm going to try and make it on the 4th...I applied to York, Cardiff, Leeds, Notts and Manchester...Big fat rejection from York, offers from the others and I'm yet to hear from Leeds but I'm leaning towards Nottingham :smile:

I hope they give us some idea of the teaching style on the open day...I hear that because of research and publishing pressures teaching is not exactly at the top of many academics' list of priorities at the moment which is a shame!

What unis are you considering other than Notts, thought about which one you're most likely to firm?

We were given a great sample of how a lecture would play out when i went to the open day and when a current student was giving us a tour she let us all cheekly nab some of the handouts they give, which was really helpful! ~ I just hope there was enough left for those who they were originally intended to go too!
I think that once we get to Nottingham we should arrange philosophy meet ups involving comfy sofas, lots of cups of tea, grand thoughts and chocolate digestives :biggrin:
Reply 24
Haha :smile: skip how did you find the open day yesterday? Which one was you lol
There's a starbuck on site ~ Bliss :wink:
Reply 26
do you know if we can do a minor in politics at nottingham whilst doing philosophy
jstar357
do you know if we can do a minor in politics at nottingham whilst doing philosophy

You can't I'm afraid, which is quite gutting because i wanted to do that most other universities seem to have that combo :frown:
Reply 28
:frown: ye what about if you can pick a few modules elsewhere?
Reply 29
Heyy
Haha well you're not loners cos I'm probably going to Nottingham to do Philosophy too :biggrin:
I can't visit though cos I live abroad... sucks. But anyway I hear it's really good and its either Nottingham or Sussex. I've heard a lot of the modules at Sussex kindof suck which is why I'm leaning towards Notts :biggrin:
I'll be there too hopefully! sorted out my accommodation and everything :smile:
The open day made the course sound really good :biggrin:

And ahhh starbucks, the full package lol :wink:
Reply 31
I'll be doing Philosophy with English Studies. :smile: I've firmed it without an insurance option! I haven't really been able to look around the department or speak to any of the tutors, so it would be helpful if anyone has any opinions on what it's like.

Starbucks is a win for me.
Reply 32
Me too, I firmed Philosophy single hons, a couple of months ago. I love the department, the campus, starbucks and the staff I met have been great.

I am coming in as a mature student, and a female which I believe is unusual for Philosophy, so be nice to me people !! xxxxxx
I saw the department on an open day, it's so pretty! and they've got little pigeon holes you can get handouts and essays from and stuff. there's a little tunnel that goes from the trent building to the big one with all the student union stuff too.

We didn't see any of the lecture theatres though, i think they were being used at the time. but I was very impressed! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending