The Student Room Group

QUB Medicine 2017 Entry [A100]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
UPDATE on the confirmation email front:
I rang them today and they said that there is a bug in their system that is causing delays in sending these emails. Nothing to worry about. But if you still are worried, ring them up and ask if you are on their system.
Original post by Millie-3
Has anyone received a confirmation email or the like yet??

No replies so far. But I did keep annoying the Admissions Team about the points I got to see if I'd make the cut or not lol. I got 38/42. I feel kind of bad for calling them up too often hahahahaha
Reply 22
Original post by Emir Imran
No replies so far. But I did keep annoying the Admissions Team about the points I got to see if I'd make the cut or not lol. I got 38/42. I feel kind of bad for calling them up too often hahahahaha

No worries I checked it out with them post #21
Did anyone receive an email from them? I think its porbably an acknowledgement email but its all scrambled with code so I'm not sure if the message is actually important or just saying thanks for applying.
Original post by Captain127
Did anyone receive an email from them? I think its porbably an acknowledgement email but its all scrambled with code so I'm not sure if the message is actually important or just saying thanks for applying.

Yeah I got the message this morning too! Not sure why yours is all scrambled with codes tho. Could be a system error but yeah, it's an acknowledgement email
I got an acknowledgement this morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok thank you guys, thought it might be similar to like dundee asking me to fill out or submit something.
Original post by Emir Imran

They said last year that the cut off point was 36 and that it has been around the 35/36 mark for the past few years. I would say you will be fine with a 38 score!
I still haven't got a confirmation email from QUB, should I be worried?
Reply 29
Original post by Tsraccount159
I still haven't got a confirmation email from QUB, should I be worried?

I highly reccomend ringing them at this point
Reply 30
I haven't received a confirmation email from them either, but I didn't the last time I applied either. So I'm not worrying too much about it
Original post by Millie-3
I highly reccomend ringing them at this point

OK thanks! I'll do that tomorrow!
Just weird because it shows up on track
Reply 32
Original post by C_Harkin
I haven't received a confirmation email from them either, but I didn't the last time I applied either. So I'm not worrying too much about it

Original post by Tsraccount159
OK thanks! I'll do that tomorrow!
Just weird because it shows up on track

My email was very slow to come also, and i rang them. they told me there was some bug in their system that was causing delays. but i got my email last week, i asumed the bug was fixed.
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you know when the interviews start getting given out?
Also whether QUB has an applicant portal , because I'm really paranoid since QUB is the only one of the universities I've applied to which didn't give out an applicant ID + password.
Original post by Sunshine and rainbows unicorns
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you know when the interviews start getting given out?
Also whether QUB has an applicant portal , because I'm really paranoid since QUB is the only one of the universities I've applied to which didn't give out an applicant ID + password.

No applicant portal - I have only one uni which uses one so dw.

Think interviews given in late December, maybe early January.
Original post by hoafanuk
No applicant portal - I have only one uni which uses one so dw.

Think interviews given in late December, maybe early January.

Thanks so much, that reassures me a little, was panicking for a good week wondering whether I missed the application portal email :colondollar:.
Reply 36
Original post by Sunshine and rainbows unicorns

Provisional dates are 18-20 jan and 15 april with invited in december. you get anninvite in the post and by email.
Reply 37
Original post by Wellington1815
Hello,

I'm currently studying Chemistry at Queen's and hoping to do Medicine after graduating. Is it true that I cannot get a student loan to study Graduate Entry Medicine (ie, 4-year accelerated course) from Student Finance NI? If this is true it would basically make the QUB 5 year course my only option, unless I win the lottery/strike oil in my backyard.

Thanks

Most graduates have to do the full 5 year courses QUB - I'm in 4th year and I know of only one person to go straight into 2nd year, he's a dentist. He has a masters on top of his dental degree so that might be why.

All the other grads, including several dentists, a barrister , and two of my friends who have their PhD in chemistry still have to go into year one of the course.

I'm a graduate and I've been able to get a loan no problem. Plus fees are stil under four grand for students from NI!
Any international applicants for QUB?

Do you know the interview dates for International Applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by mkshyderabad
Any international applicants for QUB?

Do you know the interview dates for International Applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure that internationals are interviewed with the rest because I remember seeing a lot of luggage when I came for my interview last year. Many people had parents in the lobby downstairs minding huge suitcases (not hand carry bags that are allowed in domestic flights, I'm talking big two night stay stuff).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending