The Student Room Group

The journey to a 4 plate deadlift

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cassiejoevans
Aw good luck to you! Consistency is key!

Aspiring yeah.. Dabbled in powerlifting training, trying to get a sick physique (think Jessica Arevalo-esque) before even competing. Why put your body through all that stress to not win? Pointless and very hard - especially for women! Um I think most people are used to it now. I go for boys who lift so it's always a plus for them. People always marvel at how 'dedicated' I am - especially drunk girls. Even though right this second I just smashed protein chocolate, a protein cookie and a protein flapjack - 500kcal over my daily goal, and am pretty drunk and vaping :redface:

Yeah, and atm I seem to have lost my keys :rofl: :frown:

Good physique to aim for, she's perfect :redface: I'm the same tbh, next relationship I settle down to is gonna be with a lifting girl, happy to stay single and not settle for any less until then :biggrin: All about those similar lifestyle interests.
This is what happens to a thread when a girl posts huh
Original post by SmashConcept
This is what happens to a thread when a girl posts huh

The thirst on some brothers is unreal, it's like they are in a desert.
Original post by James.Carnell
The thirst on some brothers is unreal, it's like they are in a desert.

If it makes you feel better you'll almost definitely deadlift 4 plates before these guys figure out how to play it cool with girls they find online.
week 1: one heavy set of five reps. Say 140kg
week 2: two heavier triples at 142.5kg
week 3: five heavy singles at 145kg.
week 4: Start again, adding 2.5kg to all sets.

When you can pull 162.5kg for five reps, you will have a 180kg max (4 plates). But DON'T test this unnecessarily, just keep pushing these cycles as long as possible. When you can't hit triples in the week 2 slots, go for ascending singles the week after to find your new max. I did this last year and pulled 185kg at 163lbs 5'10''. I am now 171lbs, 200kg pull.
You don't need Wendler's 531 setup for a 4 plate pull. 531 works much better for stronger lifters. It is needlessly slow for novices.

ps depending on how much of a grind your current 150kg max is, you may need to start a bit lighter. Say 137.5kg.

Overall, very little deadlifting is needed to increase the deadlift up to around 440lbs (for an average guy). Keep it simple.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by db10
If you deadlift once a week, squat twice a week or so, and do other back stuff such as chins/rows, added to your assumption of a perfect diet, you could pull 180 within a couple of months tbh.

Agree 100%. One or two top deadlift sets a week, maybe some singles. Can be done in ten mins pulling a week.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest