The Student Room Group

Integrate this

[br][br]x+1x2+4x+5dx[br][br][br][br][br][br][br]\int \frac {x+1}{x^2+4x+5} dx[br][br][br][br][br]

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Maths6186a
[br][br]x+1x2+4x+5dx[br][br][br]\int \frac {x+1}{x^2+4x+5} dx[br]

write it as x+2x2+4x+5dx1x2+4x+5dx \displaystyle \int \frac {x+2}{x^2+4x+5} \:dx - \int \frac{1}{x^2+4x+5} \: dx

left hand side is of the form kf(x)f(x) \displaystyle k\int \frac{f'(x)}{f(x)} and right hand side can be done by completing the square and using a tan substitution
[br][br]x+1x2+4x+5dx[br][br][br][br][br]\int \frac {x+1}{x^2+4x+5} dx [br] [br][br]

But I don't want to integrate it :frown:
Reply 3
Ask WolframAlpha if you're too lazy to do it yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by alow
Ask WolframAlpha if you're too lazy to do it yourself.

So me not knowing how to do something = me being to lazy to do it?

Why are you doing a question where you have no idea how to approach it then?? Learn about these integrals first.

No, you just said 'integrate this.' You didn't post any of your own ideas/attempts and did not mention where you were stuck. You're not asking for help; you're just asking for the whole solution. That is being lazy.
Reply 7
Original post by RDKGames
Why are you doing a question where you have no idea how to approach it then?? Learn about these integrals first.

Sorry sir. Am I getting a detention now? :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by IrrationalRoot
No, you just said 'integrate this.' You didn't post any of your own ideas/attempts and did not mention where you were stuck. You're not asking for help; you're just asking for the whole solution. That is being lazy.

I didn't mention where I was stuck because I had no idea how to do it from the beginning. I spent a good while failing to do the problem before posting on here. Silly billy.
I didn't mention where I was stuck because I had no idea how to do it from the beginning. I spent a good while failing to do the problem before posting on here. Silly billy.

"You're not asking for help; you're just asking for the whole solution."

Anyway it's pretty sad that you post a thread demanding the complete solution to a problem and then you try to patronise the people who explain what's wrong with that.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
"You're not asking for help; you're just asking for the whole solution."

Anyway it's pretty sad that you post a thread demanding the complete solution to a problem and then you try to patronise the people who explain what's wrong with that.

not really

Quick Reply

Latest