The Student Room Group

Medicine Uni Help

I achieved a very low UKCAT score of 593 and I am deciding between Aberdeen and Leicester as my 4th choice can somebody help me please!

Ive achieved A*AA at a level, 4A*4A's 2B'S At GCSE also, please help asap as the deadlines tomorrow and i really am stuck so i would be so so grateful!
I honestly don't think either i a good option. For leicester you would be below the points cut off for last year and i assume the same for Aberdeen seeing as they use the UKCAT and GCSE's. Have you thought about Keele or Bristol? Or Bmat uni's.

If your adamant on one of those i'd go Aberdeen
Original post by HopelessMedic
I honestly don't think either i a good option. For leicester you would be below the points cut off for last year and i assume the same for Aberdeen seeing as they use the UKCAT and GCSE's. Have you thought about Keele or Bristol? Or Bmat uni's.

If your adamant on one of those i'd go Aberdeen

Thank you for the reply, today's the deadline and I still haven't decided! Keele is out of the question because I applied last year and they don't accept reapplications and with Bristol I've a B in English Language so I can't apply there. I was advised not to do the BMAT as there is a lot more competition there, thank you very much for your help!
Reply 3
Original post by jademckeown97
Thank you for the reply, today's the deadline and I still haven't decided! Keele is out of the question because I applied last year and they don't accept reapplications and with Bristol I've a B in English Language so I can't apply there. I was advised not to do the BMAT as there is a lot more competition there, thank you very much for your help!

Where else are you already thinking of applying? So that any suggestions from TSR users will be other universities and helpful :smile:
I achieved a very low UKCAT score of 593 and I am deciding between Aberdeen and Leicester as my 4th choice can somebody help me please!

Ive achieved A*AA at a level, 4A*4A's 2B'S At GCSE also, please help asap as the deadlines tomorrow and i really am stuck so i would be so so grateful!

Definitely not Leicester - you would be below the cutoff. If your personal statement is good maybe consider Liverpool?

I can't really help much as I'm not sure if your personal statement is good enough or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know you said that you were advised not to do the BMAT, but I found that there was actually less competition with it as people aren't able to apply tactically with it (as you both sit and find out your score after application) so you have a far better chance of getting in as long as you do averagely well.
(Also, I know this is a bit last minute, but it might be something to consider for your 4th choice if you don't mind some extra work)

Have you thought about Cardif? Apparently they look at achieved grades aswell as your GCSE's pre-interview, so you would have a good shot

Quick Reply

Latest