The Student Room Group

Share your stories of/thoughts on sexual harassment (male)

I wanted to make a thread where guys could talk about sexual harassment they'd experienced without being judged or being told they should be grateful and enjoy it (any such comments will be immediately reported).

Feel free to share stories, experiences and how it effected you.

I've had multiple incidents, but the one that sticks in my mind the most is in a nightclub. A girl stole the hat I was wearing, swung it around and hid it behind her back. When I reached to get it back (so had my arm essentially around her) she grabbed the back of my head, forced me against the wall and stuck her tongue down my throat.

Due to shock as much as anything I didn't push her off immediately, and she took this to mean, even when I had pushed her off, that I really wanted it and kept trying. I gave up on ever keeping my hat and left the club not long after.

Was in a relationship at the time and I don't think my gf fully believed me when I told her. I mean guys don't get sexually assaulted right? I must have had something to do with it. Not sure she ever quite trusted me as much after.

So what incidents have you guys had? What effect did they have on you? Do you feel more should be done to bring such incidents to light and stop the culture that guys should are thirsty and should be grateful for any action they can get?
Original post by Anonymous
I wanted to make a thread where guys could talk about sexual harassment they'd experienced without being judged or being told they should be grateful and enjoy it (any such comments will be immediately reported).

I've had multiple incidents, but the one that sticks in my mind the most is in a nightclub. A girl stole the hat I was wearing, swung it around and hid it behind her back. When I reached to get it back (so had my arm essentially around her) she grabbed the back of my head, forced me against the wall and stuck her tongue down my throat.

Due to shock as much as anything I didn't push her off immediately, and she took this to mean, even when I had pushed her off, that I really wanted it and kept trying. I gave up on ever keeping my hat and left the club not long after.

Was in a relationship at the time and I don't think my gf fully believed me when I told her. I mean guys don't get sexually assaulted right? I must have had something to do with it. Not sure she ever quite trusted me as much after.

So what incidents have you guys had? What effect did they have on you? Do you feel more should be done to bring such incidents to light and stop the culture that guys should are thirsty and should be grateful for any action they can get?

Shouldnt the bouncers remove creeps like that?
Reply 2
Original post by NoumanAliKhan
Shouldnt the bouncers remove creeps like that?

Probably, but she was conventionally hot and I'm a 20 something guy. How do you think the average bouncer is likely to respond to that?
I don't think that was sexual harassment. A girl tried getting on you in a club.
Reply 4
Original post by WoodyMKC
I don't think that was sexual harassment. A girl tried getting on you in a club.

She stole my stuff just to get me close, physically forced herself on me and continued to do so when I made it clear I wasn't interested... if that's how you try and get off with people in clubs then sorry, but you have issues.
She stole my stuff just to get me close, physically forced herself on me and continued to do so when I made it clear I wasn't interested... if that's how you try and get off with people in clubs then sorry, but you have issues.

Perhaps you weren't standing in a tight enough circle or didn't hide in the toilets quick enough?
Reply 6
Original post by NoumanAliKhan
Perhaps you weren't standing in a tight enough circle or didn't hide in the toilets quick enough?

Why should I have to?
ok guys, I need to know if you think I committed (unwitting) sexual harassment. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=68462684#post68462684
i don't think enough people recognise sexual harassment towards men, and especially that caused by women. it's a big deal and it sucks that we can't talk about it openly because of the 'tough, masculine' label given to men. the same label that tells us that we can't not enjoy sexual situations, consensual or not.
there needs to be more awareness for men's sexual health - including rape and sexual assault. because right now it's appalling how much people, even men, love to silence it.
Original post by renphobia
i don't think enough people recognise sexual harassment towards men, and especially that caused by women. it's a big deal and it sucks that we can't talk about it openly because of the 'tough, masculine' label given to men. the same label that tells us that we can't not enjoy sexual situations, consensual or not.
there needs to be more awareness for men's sexual health - including rape and sexual assault. because right now it's appalling how much people, even men, love to silence it.

sexual harassment against men is sadly something which people dont want to deal with. I have been inappropriately poked by former supervisors who made every attempt at sacking me from my job straight out of uni (as well as some other stuff which could be considered illegal and definately unprofessional). but sadly, because men are "stronger and more intimidating" than women, the legal system favours women even if they are the aggressors and men are the victims. conversely, there should be very clear guidelines what constitutes sexual harassment and what doesnt.
Reply 10

nobody cares about sexual harassment done on men,

if you had reported this to a bouncer most likely he would have laughed at you, if you had done this to a girl and she reported you ..you would get thrown out the club for sure.

a random girl once pinched my ass in the club unsolicited. I didn't really find her attractive. I didn't think it was a big deal either so didn't really feel the need to report it....but what annoys me ..is that i had taken it as a big deal [and many women would if it was a man they don't find attractive pinching their ass] ..nothing would get done about it because I am male and the person doing it is female.
Reply 11
As a female, I have to agree sadly that the balance isn't right for men and for women. I am honestly sorry for all of you who have experienced sexual assault and weren't Taken seriously because you're male. It's sad and it's unjust and I think it's also good that this thread was made and hopefully we can get more awareness and things done for those boys and men who have experienced sexual assault and been told to "man up".
I've experienced a lot of this; pinching, getting slapped on the ass, groping etc. Its not easy to write about these things when you're a guy. People instantly attack you and blame you or question why you would complain. There's a strong culture in our country that sexual harassment by women is a compliment so when you complain you are not taken seriously. Often you are called crazy and told to shut up because society wants to protect women. A friend of mine was sexually abused by a female relative for 15 years. When he opened up to his parents about it, both his parents called him a pervert and his dad kicked him our of the house.

I've kept my profile anonymous because of the negativity associated with this issue and that in itself speaks volumes...
This is a very important topic.

I don't know why its in 'Relationships'. Surely, sexual harassment doesn't qualify as a relationship. This should go in society as this is a societal issue.

Sadly we live in a world where sexual harassment by women against both men and women as well as children is not viewed as sexual harassment but rather, as was mentioned by above, sexual harassment by women is viewed as a compliment. Not many people know this but women cannot even be charged with rape in this country thanks to sexist laws brought about by feminist activism. Men are also raised to keep quiet about their problems and when they do complain society shames and bullies them into silence...Statistics show that women commit far fewer sexual assaults than men. Feminazis use this to support their argument that women are victims of men. The reality is that women commit as much if not more rapes ad sexual assaults than men but we live in a world that outright refuses to hold women accountable for such crimes and this is reflected int he statistics and this is made worse by men not opening up about these issues...Men are also raised to believe that sexual harassment by women is a good thing...This rape female rape culture perpetuated and reinforced by the feminist movement needs to be destroyed.
Original post by WoodyMKC

Youre thinking is correct. Its not sexual harassment its outright sexual assault

So if a guy did that to a girl in a club its not sexual harassment?

This is a very important topic.

I don't know why its in 'Relationships'. Surely, sexual harassment doesn't qualify as a relationship. This should go in society as this is a societal issue.

Sadly we live in a world where sexual harassment by women against both men and women as well as children is not viewed as sexual harassment but rather, as was mentioned by above, sexual harassment by women is viewed as a compliment. Not many people know this but women cannot even be charged with rape in this country thanks to sexist laws brought about by feminist activism. Men are also raised to keep quiet about their problems and when they do complain society shames and bullies them into silence...

Very true (the bit i deleted was fantasised crap), take the teacher sleeps with pupil stories. If the teacher is male the lynch mobs assemble thier pitchforks, if female its "where was she when i was in school?"
(edited 7 years ago)
There’s this girl at university blackmailing me into a relationship with her. And to do sexual favours for. The weird thing is all my classmates on my course are helping her. Because I’m a dude and she’s a girl no one is taking me seriously :frown:. Were both 22 years old and I’m scared to go to class because of her.

Latest