The Student Room Group

Deleting my FB to improve my success with girls?

I'm not very active on FB when it comes to posting photos, posts etc so it looks like I'm a bit of a loser even though IRL I'm always around friends and I'm a very social person.

When girls get my number they tend to come across my FB and I can tell straight after that they're put off.. So I'm thinking, do I just delete my profile? You might be thinking 'Just don't date girls that care about things like that', but it seems so many girls do whether they mean to intentionally or not.

If I don't delete my FB, what should I do to fix it because I feel it's holding me back
Isn't this a pretty far jump? Has anyone even alluded to your profile being a disappointing reflection of you? And maybe these kind of girls will be more put off when they realise you don't have an FB or they can't find it. I don't know, seems kind of trivial and non-conclusive to me but if you are convinced then sure: deactivate it for a while, see what happens. And if nothing changes I would suggest reactivating it. I actually think that it helps, because if you're not comfortable asking for someone's number yet - you just add them on Facebook, instigating a line of communication. Plus there are group chats, and people share events etc.
Reply 2
I have doubts about whether they really care unless you are adding them on Facebook to chat.

A guy on another forum did say that Instagram had done him well.
Reply 3
It's not going to make a difference at all. In fact, it will most likely negatively affect your chances.

However its very good that you're trying to make an active change.
Reply 4
Original post by Hep Guardiola
I'm not very active on FB when it comes to posting photos, posts etc so it looks like I'm a bit of a loser even though IRL I'm always around friends and I'm a very social person.

What? No offense but this is silly. Why would anyone think that? Not everyone posts everything they do on FB. I have tons of friends who don't post a lot and they have a more than decent social life.

Don't think it will have an impact either
Reply 5
You're being very paranoid. If a girl rejects you on the basis of not liking your Facebook profile then they're not worth your time.
If you don't use it very much, might as well just deactivate it. Same old people chatting the same old bollox every day anyway, same reason I stopped using it a few years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending