Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

I don't think right?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Basically new to this forum, but was just wondering if anyone else feels like they don't think like everyone else?

I'm in my 2nd year studying Photography at Birmingham City University and I passed 1st year with a 2.2 overall, so not terrible but not amazingly well. But since second year as the workload has gone up I've just found myself missing really basic things that don't even occur to me, yet saying and doing things which completely go over everyone's heads, even the creative world seems to have a limit as to how outlandish you can be!

Anyone else had the same experience?

Oh my god, YES! YES! YES! A million times yes.

I really struggled with a piece of English coursework last year because I was thinking about things that made no sense to my teachers, which they marked me down for. It was difficult for me to include all the basic things they wanted me to talk about because I thought it was all too simple for an A*. I felt as though my out of box thinking was hitting the criteria and beyond but clearly it wasn't :-/

Reading back my work, I really did have some fantastic unique points of view (I really went in deep about structures and attitudes etc etc) in there but I just feel like they didn't spend enough time thinking about my points(probably because it was handed in late also).

I'm so glad there's someone else who has it similar! Like I've asked people on my course who seem to 'get it' and someone of them are like 'Oh maybe you just need to ask for help more?', but I book tutorials, I go on the trips, I turn up to all of the lectures, I participate in seminars so it's not like I'm lazy. I'm a dedicated student who just seems to miss big points entirely haha!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.