Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am not a gamer, but this is my opinion of 2017's major releases!

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Just watched a lot of stuff on YouTube, and I must say, if I was a gamer I would be VERY excited for For Honor, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Nier Automata.

However, what excites me the most is DETROIT BECOME HUMAN, which looks amazing! Seems to be a pretty unique storyline/concept to create your own path through the game with no 'game over'.

There also seems to be a lot of hype for The Last Guardian, which seems ok to me, from the trailer, but wasn't in the same league as the others I mentioned above.

Scalebound was also pretty good in concept, but I think it could get boring pretty quickly. Ditto STEEP, which would be great for fans of skiing, but other people may not have enough time to invest in it, despite its great open world presentation.

There was also a trailer I watched called DAYS GONE, which looked intense as hell with all those zombies trying to attack the guy. But then I watched another trailer for that game and it was actually pretty lame, so what exactly is the deal with that game, what's it about?

2017 will be a great year nonetheless for gamers - and I might invest in a PS4 myself!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.