The Student Room Group

What is the largest credit limit someone has on one of their cards?

What is the largest credit limit someone has on one of their cards? Mine is £3300. Of which i have spent £700. What about you guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by john2054
What is the largest credit limit someone has on one of their cards? Mine is £3300. Of which i have spent £700. What about you guys?

i think this is in the wrong forum maybe??
i think this is in the wrong forum maybe??

As it's a student forum, I doubt many students, especially those at GCSE/A level, will have a credit card. Those that do, probably won't have a limit of several thousand.
Reply 3
Original post by Jagwar Ma
As it's a student forum, I doubt many students, especially those at GCSE/A level, will have a credit card. Those that do, probably won't have a limit of several thousand.

Yes but there may be some graduates or lecturers who are willing to share their secrets with me???
I have a limit of £4400, and I've spent just under half of it. *I have enough in the bank to cover it so I'm saving loads on bank charges as I'm currently abroad.
£950 on my only credit card
Reply 6
Original post by DarkMagic
I have a limit of £4400, and I've spent just under half of it. *I have enough in the bank to cover it so I'm saving loads on bank charges as I'm currently abroad.
My largest limit is £3300, and it recently was adjusted up, so i need to wait another 6 months for another raise. Although i have recently opened a barclaycard platinum, so i am hoping one day this will break new records. Who is your credit card with again?

Original post by claireestelle
£950 on my only credit card

That's still a start you know claire, and hopefully they will review this with a mind to increasing it every 6/8 months. I do hope so any way!!
My largest limit is £3300, and it recently was adjusted up, so i need to wait another 6 months for another raise. Although i have recently opened a barclaycard platinum, so i am hoping one day this will break new records. Who is your credit card with again? *

Halifax. * My limit was a lot lower to start with but it's been increased a couple of times too (although I've only had it a year). *I have another one with Sainsbury's as well, but I've stopped using it because the interest rate is higher and the limit is lower (£1400 I think).
Reply 9
Original post by DarkMagic
Halifax. * My limit was a lot lower to start with but it's been increased a couple of times too (although I've only had it a year). *I have another one with Sainsbury's as well, but I've stopped using it because the interest rate is higher and the limit is lower (£1400 I think).

Original post by Kvothe the Arcane

For the first three years of my degree, and ever since before that, i was banned from having credit cards. Then two years ago i was allowed one with capital one, and i have paid close attention to my credit reports since then, and have watched my cards go from strength to strength. Now my biggest limit is with marbles at £3300, but i also have two with capital one, one with vanquis, a student account with the co-op and a barclaycard, total limit =£9000 + also some of them should see their limits increased in January next year!
the largest i ever had is £2000 (havent had a credit card in years in though)

But when i was 20 and living in Ireland at the start of the boom years i was preapproved for 25000 punt credit card. All i had to do was sign the bottom line and it would have been mine
$10000 (usd)
I'm nearly 20, and my credit limit is £4,500 with American Express. I'm a part-time student, and work full time (previously for the most talked about government body on this forum). My salary is about £21,000 (pre-tax, NI, Pension and deductions) for reference. I pay back everything in full, each month. In total, I have £16k of a available credit, never used.
Reply 13
Original post by silverbolt
the largest i ever had is £2000 (havent had a credit card in years in though)

But when i was 20 and living in Ireland at the start of the boom years i was preapproved for 25000 punt credit card. All i had to do was sign the bottom line and it would have been mine

What is a punt credit card?

Original post by justinawe
$10000 (usd)
Sounds good, what bank?

Original post by DarlingtonViking
I'm nearly 20, and my credit limit is £4,500 with American Express. I'm a part-time student, and work full time (previously for the most talked about government body on this forum). My salary is about £21,000 (pre-tax, NI, Pension and deductions) for reference. I pay back everything in full, each month. In total, I have £16k of a available credit, never used.

Yes I have also recently applied for a card with American express. They told me i will have to wait ten days whilst they do some final checks. Hopefully it will be a good decision after that?!?
Highest credit card is 5-digits. Another card is unlimited (a charge card which needs to be paid off each month). Having a large limit shouldn't be a goal. Generally speaking you shouldn't be using up the limit. Encouraging other people to get higher credit limits is frankly bizarre and borderline irresponsible.

I don't need a credit card I make more than enough but one of my clients has a JPmorgan chase palladium card with a limit of £1,200,000

@Reue
do what you do best here
Sounds good, what bank?

HSBC
Now i'm working it is 15k but I was amazed as a student, with no income other than student loan, I got a limit of 5.4k.
Reply 18
Original post by jamesthehustler
I don't need a credit card I make more than enough but one of my clients has a JPmorgan chase palladium card with a limit of £1,200,000

@Reue
do what you do best here
How much do you earn?

Original post by Duncan2012
Highest credit card is 5-digits. Another card is unlimited (a charge card which needs to be paid off each month). Having a large limit shouldn't be a goal. Generally speaking you shouldn't be using up the limit. Encouraging other people to get higher credit limits is frankly bizarre and borderline irresponsible.
5 digits huh? but how much exactly? I'm not encouraging this, only enquiring!

Original post by Sternumator
Now i'm working it is 15k but I was amazed as a student, with no income other than student loan, I got a limit of 5.4k.

Sounds good also!
i have a Trump Star Card. it has $1 Billion instant access + special bonus features :hubba:

Quick Reply