The Student Room Group

How to Introduce a Essay

I am evaluating significance, in Vietnam.
The question is How significant was guerrilla warfare as a reason for the USA's lack of success in Vietnam?

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of.

The Vietnam war was in a period of innovation and communist reconciliation, the war was drawn out, expensive and brutal. A combination of reasons can support the USA's shortcomings in Vietnam; implementation of guerrilla tactics, ineffectiveness of the USA's tactics, losing the hearts and minds of the South Vietnamese and the propensity of the Vietcong to take advantage of their environment.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm not sure if this is okay and what else to include?
Original post by theomarch
I am evaluating significance, in Vietnam.
The question is How significant was guerrilla warfare as a reason for the USA's lack of success in Vietnam?

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of.

The Vietnam war was in a period of innovation and communist reconciliation, the war was drawn out, expensive and brutal. A combination of reasons can support the USA's shortcomings in Vietnam; implementation of guerrilla tactics, ineffectiveness of the USA's tactics, losing the hearts and minds of the South Vietnamese and the propensity of the Vietcong to take advantage of their environment.

After your first sentence briefly explain what the guerrilla warfare was and how it was the reason for the USA's lack of success (VERY briefly as you will go into more detail in the rest of your essay). However, it can be said that (insert other reasons here) also contributed to the USA's lack of success because (insert brief reasons).
Reply 3
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending