Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Not sure whether I want to go to uni..?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

This year I applied through UCAS and deferred my entry till 2017 so I could take a gap year to earn money and support myself. The only issue is now I've had a few months to think about it, I really don't know whether I want to go or would be happy going.

Currently the only few positives to me going are:
    - It would make my family happy,
    - Life experience,
    - Get away from home and stand on my own two feet,

However I am now beginning to question whether it's worth going just to make my family happy when something like this should be done for myself. I haven't withdrawn my application yet but I'm just really unsure about what to do. I think because I have no idea what I want to do with my future and if I wanted to get away from home that much I could save up to get my own apartment or something.

I don't know I'm just really lost and confused with the whole thing. My family isn't helping with advice because they're all pressuring me to go so I just wanted a second opinion really.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.