The Student Room Group

Is my boyfriend normal?

I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 years, he is 23 and I am 19. Most of the time he is nice to me, never really been an affectionate kind of guy but whatever we are passed that now. We always talk about our future and things like marriage, children etc. I don't know what to make of these situations that keep occurring, which has now become very frequent. When he goes on nights out he turns into a real ******* like turn his phone off ignore me I don't care type of thing and then he will stay at his mums that night like so I don't know what sort of state he's turned up home in what time what's happened or anything and as a girlfriend of 3 years yeah I would like to know this info. Tonight he has gone to a family wedding with his brother who shall we say likes a bit of sniff and I know my partner says he isn't into that sort of thing. I have been in work all night and he was texting me like yeah setting off soon will be home not long. Yeah that was 4 hours ago and he still ain't here and I'm pretty upset because he knows full well I'm home alone my parents are away and yeah I'm on my own in the house. Which I may add he made a massive situation about staying at home the other day because his mum was home alone yet he will happily abandon me. I am seriously considering relationship therapy or counselling or something that may help my situation because I have just about had enough of this now I am so close to walking away. Would it be acceptable to have counselling or whatever just in a relationship for 3 years I don't know if it's pathetic??? HELP ME

Posted from TSR Mobile
just let him enjoy himself.
Original post by holg123
I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 years, he is 23 and I am 19. Most of the time he is nice to me, never really been an affectionate kind of guy but whatever we are passed that now. We always talk about our future and things like marriage, children etc. I don't know what to make of these situations that keep occurring, which has now become very frequent. When he goes on nights out he turns into a real ******* like turn his phone off ignore me I don't care type of thing and then he will stay at his mums that night like so I don't know what sort of state he's turned up home in what time what's happened or anything and as a girlfriend of 3 years yeah I would like to know this info. Tonight he has gone to a family wedding with his brother who shall we say likes a bit of sniff and I know my partner says he isn't into that sort of thing. I have been in work all night and he was texting me like yeah setting off soon will be home not long. Yeah that was 4 hours ago and he still ain't here and I'm pretty upset because he knows full well I'm home alone my parents are away and yeah I'm on my own in the house. Which I may add he made a massive situation about staying at home the other day because his mum was home alone yet he will happily abandon me. I am seriously considering relationship therapy or counselling or something that may help my situation because I have just about had enough of this now I am so close to walking away. Would it be acceptable to have counselling or whatever just in a relationship for 3 years I don't know if it's pathetic??? HELP ME

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can ask for counseling, but you might have to pay. More likely is he will refuse.
Most relationships dont last. You should talk to him and if he isn't interested in your concerns, then you might wnat to think if you want to stay in something that makes you unhappy. Work out what you want and then go for it without looking back.
To be honest I think he needs to think about how you're feeling a bit more, have you spoken to him about it?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
To be honest I think he needs to think about how you're feeling a bit more, have you spoken to him about it?

I have spoken to him many of times he knows full well what he's doing, and tomorrow it will be I'm sorry it won't happen again all that BS and then it's just until next time. I ask him why he does it and he says he doesn't know..

Posted from TSR Mobile
he doesnt care for you as much as you do for him and its blatant, youre 19, you dont need therapy , you need to tell him exactly what you said and if he doesnt chnge which i guess he wont then you need to end the relationship, im sorry
Original post by holg123
I have spoken to him many of times he knows full well what he's doing, and tomorrow it will be I'm sorry it won't happen again all that BS and then it's just until next time. I ask him why he does it and he says he doesn't know..

It sounds to me like your boyfriend isn't putting in the effort to make your relationship work properly, so you should tell him what you want more clearly and try to get him to respect that. I mean it doesn't take much to send you messages to let you know he's okay, and other little things like that. It wouldn't take much for him to do that, and he should be grateful that he has someone who cares about him tbh. I mean I always try to let my girlfriend know if I'm okay and things, especially when I'm out because I know that she will worry, and I want to put her mind at ease a little and it feels good that she cares. I respect that she wants me to stay in contact as well. Anyway, I don't really know anything about your relationship. But if you feel like he's not going to put in the effort that he should, then ask yourself if you'd be okay with that forever, because there'll be someone out there who will give you that attention and effort.
Before therapy try sitting him down when hes not busy and telling him how you are feeling and asking him what the problem is

i'm no expert but it does sound as if hes just grown apart and is now uninterested. the few guys i've been with in the past were like this. when we first started dating they couldn't keep away, couldn't stop talking to me but when the novelty wore off and they lost interest then i was seeing less and less of them and they couldn't make it more obvious that they were uninterested and just staying with me for the sake of it. sad very but it happens and you should just confront him, ask him if hes still interested or wants to break up and if he says the latter then yeah just walk away. sorry some people say some relationships are worth fighting for but quite frankly i don't agree with that, i don't see the point in fighting for someone who no longer wants to be with you. but then thats just me
Reply 8
Maybe he's doing things he doesn't want you to know/worry about. I used to do same thing with my girlfriend, not talking cheating on her. Just going out having a good time getting drunk, and i would be talking to girls. And she hated it.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't understand why people in relationships act like they don't care about the other's feelings... Why would he continue to do it if he knows how you feel about it? You should really sit down and talk to him...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending