The Student Room Group

In accommodation for christmas?

Do you think its okay to stay in accommodation for Christmas? All my flatmates gonna be coming back home which makes me pretty anxious.
Original post by Herbae
Do you think its okay to stay in accommodation for Christmas? All my flatmates gonna be coming back home which makes me pretty anxious.

Yes, that's fine.

In my accommodation people stayed there to study and there were a few anyway. There's nothing wrong with just you being there :h:
Original post by Herbae

In most universities there's always a contingent of people there over the holidays - think of all the foreign students who don't necessarily go back. There's bound to be stuff going on, so I wouldn't worry about being lonely or anything. Have you contacted your Union to see what's planned, or is it a bit early for that?
Reply 3
Some universities require the students to completely vacate the rooms (either to have the chance to clean them, to use the space for visitors etc) so check first whether it is ok to stay over the Christmas vacation.

Many international students, especially those not from cultures that celebrate Christmas, stay at university during this time but the campus does become extremely quiet and most, if not all ,of the facilities will be closed. It can be a little bit uncomfortable if you're not used to such quiet, but it can also be refreshing and a chance to catch up on your studies, go on trips etc.
Original post by Herbae

As long as your contract includes the christmas holidays then yes its perfectly okay to stay, however it will be a lot quieter than usual .

Quick Reply

Latest